North Huntingdon man dies in accident
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2013, 12:51 a.m.
A North Huntingdon man was killed in a motorcycle accident Monday evening, according to police.
Steven P. Hartley, 47, was driving east on Ormsby Drive when he failed to follow the slight left curve in the road, police said. Hartley drove off the road, went through a residential yard and hit a utility pole.
The crash occurred near Colonial Manor Road at around 6 p.m.
Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Joshua C. Zappone pronounced him dead at the scene. Hartley was not wearing a helmet, according to police.
Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks, police said.
No one else was involved in the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- 4 Franklin Regional students remain hospitalized for stab wounds
- Youngwood woman charged with selling heroin in Greensburg hospital
- Mt. Pleasant to save with energy-efficient lighting
- Failed inspection could make Jeannette flood-control project more costly
- Westmoreland County shared ride program sees drop in usage
- Scottdale center to host tribute to singing legends
- Latrobe couple charged with shoving guard, stealing from Wal-Mart
- Juvenile prisoners present issues for jails
- Norvelt man’s art on display at Seton Hill University’s gallery
- None injured when car strikes school bus in Derry Township