North Huntingdon man dies in accident
A North Huntingdon man was killed in a motorcycle accident Monday evening, according to police.
Steven P. Hartley, 47, was driving east on Ormsby Drive when he failed to follow the slight left curve in the road, police said. Hartley drove off the road, went through a residential yard and hit a utility pole.
The crash occurred near Colonial Manor Road at around 6 p.m.
Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Joshua C. Zappone pronounced him dead at the scene. Hartley was not wearing a helmet, according to police.
Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks, police said.
No one else was involved in the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- PennDOT accepts grant applications for road, bridge improvements
- Greensburg’s College Avenue apartments to be finished by December
- Westmoreland subsidy that helps finance Spirit Airlines draws scrutiny
- 33 from Westmoreland County inducted into state’s Voter Hall of Fame
- Medical center ‘monstrosity’ near end in Jeannette
- Unity day care operator loses appeal of sentence
- Foxley Farm owners claim unfair treatment by Ligonier Township
- Unity prowling suspect sought
- Woman foils robbery attempt in Pleasant Unity
- New Geyer Choir hopes to hit high note at Scottdale theater