North Huntingdon man dies in accident
A North Huntingdon man was killed in a motorcycle accident Monday evening, according to police.
Steven P. Hartley, 47, was driving east on Ormsby Drive when he failed to follow the slight left curve in the road, police said. Hartley drove off the road, went through a residential yard and hit a utility pole.
The crash occurred near Colonial Manor Road at around 6 p.m.
Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Joshua C. Zappone pronounced him dead at the scene. Hartley was not wearing a helmet, according to police.
Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks, police said.
No one else was involved in the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought, alleged accomplice arrested
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- 3 injured in 2-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Rustic Ridge Mine permit request criticized
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- Derry Township auto shop owner finds theft suspect hiding inside
- Salem man, in lockup in Greensburg shooting, charged with threatening to kill prison guard
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident