Lancaster County runners to raise funds for cancer in trek through Westmoreland
Three Lancaster County men will pass through Westmoreland County on Sept. 9 as they run across the state to raise awareness for the fight to conquer cancer.
Dave Garpstas, Rob Garpstas and Todd Henning will begin their “Endure For The Cure” run on Sunday at Pennsylvania's western border.
The trio will run along Route 30 through Irwin, Greensburg and Latrobe, ending their day of running in Ligonier.
The group invites runners to join them for a few miles and for non-runners to support them by wearing purple or Relay For Life shirts and cheering them on along their route.
To follow the runners more closely and know where they will be at specific times, follow them on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/groups/captainmorganscancercrusaders.
Donations can be made in the form of checks marked “Endure For The Cure” payable to the American Cancer Society and mailed to Captain Morgan's Cancer Crusaders c/o Kathy Morgan, 1578 Emerson Drive, Mount Joy, PA 17552, or to the American Cancer Society at 510 Pellis Road, Suite 203, Greensburg PA 15601.
For more information, call Maria Peluso at 724-309-1538.
At the conclusion of their run, there will be a “Meet and Greet” for Relay For Life members from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Ramada Ligonier. Kathy Morgan will be the featured guest speaker.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette man arrested in city shooting
- First Commonwealth prepares for relocation in downtown Greensburg
- Last option for former Jeannette Glass site: Pa. Supreme Court
- Hole in North Huntingdon dance studio believed to be from car crash
- $200K grant will go toward demolition at Monsour Medical site
- McKeesport man ordered to trial in New Stanton hotel homicide
- Hempfield joins county land bank
- Hempfield library programs at risk as funds dip
- Historic Irwin theater expected to reopen in August, board member says
- Police identify Acme man who died after crash
- Traffic detour lifted