Lancaster County runners to raise funds for cancer in trek through Westmoreland
Three Lancaster County men will pass through Westmoreland County on Sept. 9 as they run across the state to raise awareness for the fight to conquer cancer.
Dave Garpstas, Rob Garpstas and Todd Henning will begin their “Endure For The Cure” run on Sunday at Pennsylvania's western border.
The trio will run along Route 30 through Irwin, Greensburg and Latrobe, ending their day of running in Ligonier.
The group invites runners to join them for a few miles and for non-runners to support them by wearing purple or Relay For Life shirts and cheering them on along their route.
To follow the runners more closely and know where they will be at specific times, follow them on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/groups/captainmorganscancercrusaders.
Donations can be made in the form of checks marked “Endure For The Cure” payable to the American Cancer Society and mailed to Captain Morgan's Cancer Crusaders c/o Kathy Morgan, 1578 Emerson Drive, Mount Joy, PA 17552, or to the American Cancer Society at 510 Pellis Road, Suite 203, Greensburg PA 15601.
For more information, call Maria Peluso at 724-309-1538.
At the conclusion of their run, there will be a “Meet and Greet” for Relay For Life members from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Ramada Ligonier. Kathy Morgan will be the featured guest speaker.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Jeannette trudges through blight
- 2 Greensburg properties left on demo list
- $2,000 donated for abused puppies recovering at South Huntingdon shelter
- Penn Park project moves forward
- Greensburg streetlights to be updated, save city $90K
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- Indiana County school employee allegedly showed 2 students an inappropriate photo
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says
- Former Hempfield Area director makes guest appearance at University of Alabama