Police: Woman faked labor to avoid arrest in Greensburg
An Indiana County woman pretended to go into labor and then skipped out on authorities who took her to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in Greensburg, city police said.
Melony Collingridge, 25, of Clarksburg was charged Monday with flight to avoid apprehension and theft of services in Greensburg District Judge James Albert's office.
Collingridge faked the start of labor after Greensburg police detained her Sept. 1 on a warrant for a probation violation out of Allegheny County, Capt. Chad Zucco said.
She was taken to the Greensburg hospital and moved into the maternity section.
“She got dressed and took off from there,” Zucco said.
Police filed the theft of service charge for the cost to transport her to the hospital by ambulance.
Collingridge faces a preliminary hearing Oct. 10 before Albert, whose office will send her a notice of the charges.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Over the falls — Cucumber Falls that is — go 3 kayakers in Ohiopyle
- Hempfield man charged with giving gun to teen girl
- Ligonier-based group sponsors rafting adventures to help ease veterans’ anxiety
- Westmoreland County Drug Overdose Task Force gets $9K to buy heroin antidote
- Spirit Airlines puts Chicago on its flight path
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- PennDOT to preview Route 119 project in East Huntingdon
- Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took ‘selfie’ with body, court papers say
- Westmoreland historical society holding antiques appraisal
- Southmoreland could get state subsidy boost