New Alexandria chiropractor sentenced in W.Va. for fraud
WHEELING, W.Va. — A New Alexandria chiropractor who operated two clinics in West Virginia will spend more than a year in prison for health care fraud and tax evasion.
The U.S. Attorney's Office said 62-year-old Joseph J. Yurigan received an 18-month sentence Thursday in U.S. District Court in Wheeling.
Yurigan had pleaded guilty in October 2012 to submitting a fraudulent claim to a health care program and evading income taxes for 2008.
Under a plea agreement, Yurigan will pay more than $513,000 restitution for the health care violation and more than $322,000 for the tax evasion violation.
He operated the Weirton Chiropractic Clinic and the Wheeling Spine Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Mt. Pleasant man charged with unlawful restraint
- Unity name excised from Latrobe parks, recreation
- Youngwood fire department reaches out to homeless family
- 11 Westmoreland inmates accused of setting fire put in solitary confinement
- Ligonier man first in Pa. to own aluminum-body F-150