New Alexandria chiropractor sentenced in W.Va. for fraud
WHEELING, W.Va. — A New Alexandria chiropractor who operated two clinics in West Virginia will spend more than a year in prison for health care fraud and tax evasion.
The U.S. Attorney's Office said 62-year-old Joseph J. Yurigan received an 18-month sentence Thursday in U.S. District Court in Wheeling.
Yurigan had pleaded guilty in October 2012 to submitting a fraudulent claim to a health care program and evading income taxes for 2008.
Under a plea agreement, Yurigan will pay more than $513,000 restitution for the health care violation and more than $322,000 for the tax evasion violation.
He operated the Weirton Chiropractic Clinic and the Wheeling Spine Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fuel cell company leaves New York to operate plant in Mt. Pleasant Township
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- Munchinski can proceed with civil rights action, judge rules
- Reinstated Delmont officer claims he’s isn’t being allowed to go back on patrol
- Podlucky mansion in Ligonier Township will go to sheriff’s sale
- North Huntingdon man struck by car, killed near Yough High School
- North Belle Vernon man on a mission to restore hometown park
- Greensburg’s century-old YMCA reopens after makeover
- Mt. Pleasant Glass Festival prepares for pageants
- Crash closes part of Route 30 in Unity
- 40-year-old Latrobe woman used boy, 13, for sex, drugs, police say