New Alexandria chiropractor sentenced in W.Va. for fraud
WHEELING, W.Va. — A New Alexandria chiropractor who operated two clinics in West Virginia will spend more than a year in prison for health care fraud and tax evasion.
The U.S. Attorney's Office said 62-year-old Joseph J. Yurigan received an 18-month sentence Thursday in U.S. District Court in Wheeling.
Yurigan had pleaded guilty in October 2012 to submitting a fraudulent claim to a health care program and evading income taxes for 2008.
Under a plea agreement, Yurigan will pay more than $513,000 restitution for the health care violation and more than $322,000 for the tax evasion violation.
He operated the Weirton Chiropractic Clinic and the Wheeling Spine Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Derry water outage may be resolved by 5 p.m. Sunday, authority says
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- Psychologist’s compassion buoyed students, friends
- Woman to stand trial in Jeannette tot’s death
- Westmoreland County sheriff won’t alter staffing as cash runs out
- New Stanton council hikes garbage fees to $13.65 per month