New Alexandria chiropractor sentenced in W.Va. for fraud
WHEELING, W.Va. — A New Alexandria chiropractor who operated two clinics in West Virginia will spend more than a year in prison for health care fraud and tax evasion.
The U.S. Attorney's Office said 62-year-old Joseph J. Yurigan received an 18-month sentence Thursday in U.S. District Court in Wheeling.
Yurigan had pleaded guilty in October 2012 to submitting a fraudulent claim to a health care program and evading income taxes for 2008.
Under a plea agreement, Yurigan will pay more than $513,000 restitution for the health care violation and more than $322,000 for the tax evasion violation.
He operated the Weirton Chiropractic Clinic and the Wheeling Spine Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Three injured in two-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought, alleged accomplice arrested
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- New Alexandria tree trimmer pleads guilty to fraud
- Braddock man held for trial in Jeannette assault, robbery
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- New Derry woman charged after mail delivery of 4 pounds of marijuana
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct