New Alexandria chiropractor sentenced in W.Va. for fraud
WHEELING, W.Va. — A New Alexandria chiropractor who operated two clinics in West Virginia will spend more than a year in prison for health care fraud and tax evasion.
The U.S. Attorney's Office said 62-year-old Joseph J. Yurigan received an 18-month sentence Thursday in U.S. District Court in Wheeling.
Yurigan had pleaded guilty in October 2012 to submitting a fraudulent claim to a health care program and evading income taxes for 2008.
Under a plea agreement, Yurigan will pay more than $513,000 restitution for the health care violation and more than $322,000 for the tax evasion violation.
He operated the Weirton Chiropractic Clinic and the Wheeling Spine Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Police: Westmoreland woman forged painkiller prescriptions
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday
- Westmoreland historical society honors efforts by Scaife, Fagan, Norwin group
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Groups sponsor candidates forum in Monessen
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Bolivar couple charged with endangerment; baby nearly drowned, police say
- Scottdale’s Friends of the Library will meet tonight
- Ex-clerk convicted of stealing more than $116K from WCCC avoids jail