New Alexandria chiropractor sentenced in W.Va. for fraud
WHEELING, W.Va. — A New Alexandria chiropractor who operated two clinics in West Virginia will spend more than a year in prison for health care fraud and tax evasion.
The U.S. Attorney's Office said 62-year-old Joseph J. Yurigan received an 18-month sentence Thursday in U.S. District Court in Wheeling.
Yurigan had pleaded guilty in October 2012 to submitting a fraudulent claim to a health care program and evading income taxes for 2008.
Under a plea agreement, Yurigan will pay more than $513,000 restitution for the health care violation and more than $322,000 for the tax evasion violation.
He operated the Weirton Chiropractic Clinic and the Wheeling Spine Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Latrobe man who admitted role in fatal crash allowed to continue driving
- Sewickley Township man got food stamps, $206K in gas well royalties, investigators say
- Sunoco wants to rebuild station in Greensburg
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Geyer helps revive Scottdale theater that bears family name
- Arnold man sentenced for armed robbery
- Man snatches purse behind Westmoreland Mall
- Murrysville man draws on experiences in starting SAT prep academy
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg