Motorcycle accident closes Route 30 near Westmoreland Mall
A motorcycle accident Thursday night closed the westbound lanes of Route 30 near Westmoreland Mall in Hempfield for two hours.
State police have issued no report about the accident. Westmoreland County Emergency Management reported that crews were summoned to Route 30 West about 7:15 p.m. Thursday, just west of the mall.
An unidentified motorcyclist struck an underpass abutment and was flown to an undisclosed Pittsburgh hospital., firefighters said.
Bovard firefighters reported the westbound lanes were closed while state police in Greensburg investigated the accident and debris was cleared from the site.
Traffic was detoured onto West Pittsburgh Street.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Ligonier council approves design changes to Diamond
- Woman testifies about alleged sex assault in Arnold
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- Former Mich. lawmaker uses D.C. trip to lobby for better veterans health care
- Youngwood council delays vote on rental property inspections
- Soccer league seeks access to borough’s field at Willows Park
- Greensburg mayor race features write-in hopeful vs. businessman
- East Deer man chastised by Westmoreland judge, paroled, released
- Mt. Pleasant Township Lions Club to host all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash