Motorcycle accident closes Route 30 near Westmoreland Mall
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Friday, Sept. 6, 2013, 12:45 p.m.
A motorcycle accident Thursday night closed the westbound lanes of Route 30 near Westmoreland Mall in Hempfield for two hours.
State police have issued no report about the accident. Westmoreland County Emergency Management reported that crews were summoned to Route 30 West about 7:15 p.m. Thursday, just west of the mall.
An unidentified motorcyclist struck an underpass abutment and was flown to an undisclosed Pittsburgh hospital., firefighters said.
Bovard firefighters reported the westbound lanes were closed while state police in Greensburg investigated the accident and debris was cleared from the site.
Traffic was detoured onto West Pittsburgh Street.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- 4 Franklin Regional students remain hospitalized for stab wounds
- Youngwood woman charged with selling heroin in Greensburg hospital
- Failed inspection could make Jeannette flood-control project more costly
- Westmoreland County shared ride program sees drop in usage
- Scottdale center to host tribute to singing legends
- Mt. Pleasant to save with energy-efficient lighting
- Norvelt man’s art on display at Seton Hill University’s gallery
- Juvenile prisoners present issues for jails
- Latrobe couple charged with shoving guard, stealing from Wal-Mart
- Lt. governor to speak at Westmoreland County GOP’s Reagan dinner