Motorcycle accident closes Route 30 near Westmoreland Mall
A motorcycle accident Thursday night closed the westbound lanes of Route 30 near Westmoreland Mall in Hempfield for two hours.
State police have issued no report about the accident. Westmoreland County Emergency Management reported that crews were summoned to Route 30 West about 7:15 p.m. Thursday, just west of the mall.
An unidentified motorcyclist struck an underpass abutment and was flown to an undisclosed Pittsburgh hospital., firefighters said.
Bovard firefighters reported the westbound lanes were closed while state police in Greensburg investigated the accident and debris was cleared from the site.
Traffic was detoured onto West Pittsburgh Street.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County on pace to surpass record for drug-related fatalities
- Accident closes westbound lane of Route 22 in Murrysville
- Westmoreland Cultural Trust moves to next phase of Palace capital campaign
- More than 120,000 attend Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival
- Greensburg woman has a lifetime of hosting foreign exchange students
- Westmoreland judicial candidates spent more than $1.2 million for primary election
- New Derry to celebrate its 200th birthday
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Unity to decide July 9 on disputed gas station
- Initials carved into pig in Georges Township
- Youthful actors bring Disney classic ‘Tarzan’ to life at Geyer in Scottdale