Motorcycle accident closes Route 30 near Westmoreland Mall
A motorcycle accident Thursday night closed the westbound lanes of Route 30 near Westmoreland Mall in Hempfield for two hours.
State police have issued no report about the accident. Westmoreland County Emergency Management reported that crews were summoned to Route 30 West about 7:15 p.m. Thursday, just west of the mall.
An unidentified motorcyclist struck an underpass abutment and was flown to an undisclosed Pittsburgh hospital., firefighters said.
Bovard firefighters reported the westbound lanes were closed while state police in Greensburg investigated the accident and debris was cleared from the site.
Traffic was detoured onto West Pittsburgh Street.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County tourism grants promote banana splits, breweries, trolley, railroad
- Forbes: Night at the Races planned at sportsmen’s club
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Blaze guts South Greensburg home, kills 2 dogs
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival
- Ligonier doctor’s appeal to practice rejected
- Foreign clergy mitigate shortage of priests in Diocese of Greensburg
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Pittsburgh man’s bid to delay trial rejected
- Westmoreland County Transit Authority to buy 12 minibuses
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom