Mt. Pleasant school district to seek several new coaches
Mt. Pleasant Area School Board directors will be looking for some new coaches, including a head softball coach for the high school, over the next few weeks.
At their meeting Monday night, directors agreed to accept the resignations of Kelsey Landy as assistant junior high boys soccer coach, Jeffrey “J.C.” Smith as junior high girls basketball coach, Maureen Grace as mock trial sponsor and Monica Cox as head softball coach.
In the next motion, they approved Terri Remaley as the new assistant junior high boys soccer coach along with Fred Collins as the junior/senior high stage crew sponsor, but there are still a few open positions.
Under other personnel issues, directors approved the list of substitute employees and agreed to hire Cynthia Hutcheson as a classroom assistant at $11.25 an hour.
Directors also agreed to have Margaret Forbes and Kathleen Tylka as long-term volunteers at Rumbaugh Elementary and to approve the mentor teachers with the following assignments: Betty Jo Breakiron for Laura Wakefield, Lee Smith for Gavin Skorski, Dave Capozzi for Lauren Shaheen and Jody Solomon for Emily Morgan.
Seniors Olivia Darr and Marcus Malara were appointed as the new student representatives to the board for the school year. Donald Hudec was appointed for the 25th year as a voting member to the PSBA Legislation Council.
Directors also approved agreements with the Westmoreland County Juvenile Probation Department; Intermediate Unit I to provide Title I supplemental education services; Meadows Psychiatric Center/UCBH for the school year at a cost of $30 an hour for educational services; and to add an additional part-time learning support position for the school year.
Under finance, directors accepted the proposal from PSBA Insurance Trust and School Claims Services for Group Term Life and Long Term Disability policies through Assurant Employee Benefits.
The board will also advertise jointly as a member of the Westmoreland Intermediate Unit Joint Purchasing Consortium for the 2014-15 bid program for the purchase of multi-purpose paper and unleaded gasoline and diesel fuel.
Rachel Basinger is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- Ligonier Township considers cellphone tower requests
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Derry Twp. crash
- Latrobe group cancels raffle, seeks ticket holders for refunds
- Energy company responsible for polluting Donegal well appeals state’s finding
- Latrobe school directors won’t forgive bill for WCCC land
- Ligonier Township man jailed in alleged assault of police chief
- Stewartsville principal’s comments taken out of context, district claims
- Southmoreland High School junior’s broken jaw ‘could have been avoided’
- Woman charged with assault spree in Jeannette
- Donegal Township families fight driller to get clean water