Trafford woman robbed, pushed out of car
A Trafford woman who thought she was going to hang out with friends was instead robbed and pushed out of a car, according to police.
John Robert Keeney, 22, of North Huntingdon is charged with robbery in the Aug. 29 incident along Route 130.
Township police said the victim was picked up by Keeney and two other men whom she didn't know about 8:40 p.m. under the pretense that they were going to spend time at Keeney's house.
One of the two men, who was not identified in court documents, demanded the woman hand over her pink Coach purse, but she refused, police said.
As the car approached the Level Green Fire Hall, one of the unidentified men pushed the woman out of the car, keeping her purse and $200. The victim's ankles were injured in the incident, police said.
Keeney is charged with two counts of robbery and single charges of theft, receiving stolen property, simple assault and reckless endangerment before District Judge Helen Kistler. Police are working to identify the other two men in the car.
No action has been scheduled in Keeney's case, and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man’s body found in car in Forbes State Forest
- Geyer Performing Arts Center hosts AAFC production of ‘Murder on the Nile’
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor’s case heads to trial
- Union Cemetery plot owners, heirs of deceased sought to sort out details of ownership
- Parking ban on New Stanton street discriminatory, property manager alleges
- Armstrong County man near deal in animal cruelty case
- Westmoreland register of wills plans to retire
- Woman injured in fire at Jeannette home
- Latrobe police seek driver of red cargo van
- Hempfield Area to boost high school security
- Body found in North Huntingdon