Trafford woman robbed, pushed out of car
A Trafford woman who thought she was going to hang out with friends was instead robbed and pushed out of a car, according to police.
John Robert Keeney, 22, of North Huntingdon is charged with robbery in the Aug. 29 incident along Route 130.
Township police said the victim was picked up by Keeney and two other men whom she didn't know about 8:40 p.m. under the pretense that they were going to spend time at Keeney's house.
One of the two men, who was not identified in court documents, demanded the woman hand over her pink Coach purse, but she refused, police said.
As the car approached the Level Green Fire Hall, one of the unidentified men pushed the woman out of the car, keeping her purse and $200. The victim's ankles were injured in the incident, police said.
Keeney is charged with two counts of robbery and single charges of theft, receiving stolen property, simple assault and reckless endangerment before District Judge Helen Kistler. Police are working to identify the other two men in the car.
No action has been scheduled in Keeney's case, and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- YouTube campaign by Latrobe 4-year-old aids Alzheimer’s Association
- Consent decree that limits weddings at Foxley Farms ruled valid
- Adelphoi resident charged as adult in Latrobe assault
- Sewickley Township man got food stamps, $206K in gas well royalties, investigators say
- Man snatches purse behind Westmoreland Mall
- Forbes: Monday is pizza night at St. Pius
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings