Water main break in North Huntingdon interrupts service
A water main break in a North Huntingdon village left about 10 to 20 residents without water Monday night.
The break occurred at about 5:30 p.m. at Main Street and Entry Road in Hahntown.
Tom Ceraso, assistant manager of the Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County, said that residents would be without water for about six to seven hours while the break in the 8-inch line is repaired.
“They'll get it fixed probably some time in the middle of the night,” he said. “Hopefully before everybody wakes up in the morning they'll get that fixed.”
While the break is being repaired, traffic on Entry Road will probably be restricted to a single lane, Ceraso said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coming off hill revives Seton Hill University, downtown Greensburg
- Westmoreland community leaders discuss how to meet hunger needs
- Marathoner hit by vehicle in Murrysville recuperates
- ‘Bride’ goes on at Geyer theater in Scottdale
- Mutual Aid plans fundraising throughout Westmoreland County to bolster member numbers
- Charges filed in stolen property investigation
- Fines against MAX Environmental up to Westmoreland judge
- 4 seek 3 nominations for Southwest Greensburg council
- Deputies nixed by county commissioners for Westmoreland Air Show
- 4 sentenced for roles in botched Lower Burrell heist
- Mt. Pleasant Township home destroyed by fire