Water main break in North Huntingdon interrupts service
A water main break in a North Huntingdon village left about 10 to 20 residents without water Monday night.
The break occurred at about 5:30 p.m. at Main Street and Entry Road in Hahntown.
Tom Ceraso, assistant manager of the Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County, said that residents would be without water for about six to seven hours while the break in the 8-inch line is repaired.
“They'll get it fixed probably some time in the middle of the night,” he said. “Hopefully before everybody wakes up in the morning they'll get that fixed.”
While the break is being repaired, traffic on Entry Road will probably be restricted to a single lane, Ceraso said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man snatches purse behind mall
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
- Walker: Latrobe gets ready to welcome Steelers back to camp
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Unity zoning board OKs cellphone tower project
- Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard