Water main break in North Huntingdon interrupts service
A water main break in a North Huntingdon village left about 10 to 20 residents without water Monday night.
The break occurred at about 5:30 p.m. at Main Street and Entry Road in Hahntown.
Tom Ceraso, assistant manager of the Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County, said that residents would be without water for about six to seven hours while the break in the 8-inch line is repaired.
“They'll get it fixed probably some time in the middle of the night,” he said. “Hopefully before everybody wakes up in the morning they'll get that fixed.”
While the break is being repaired, traffic on Entry Road will probably be restricted to a single lane, Ceraso said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield Area High School senior Richason creates Before I Die wall in Greensburg
- Allegheny man Wedel charged with baseball bat, knife attack on former roommate
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Greensburg police captain to attend highly selective academy
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Central Westmoreland Career and Technology students may have hand, foot and mouth disease
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule