Traffic restrictions to begin for Route 30 bridge work
Traffic restrictions will begin Friday while a bridge carrying Route 30 over Route 119 is renovated.
Between 9 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Monday, PennDOT will restrict traffic traveling west on Route 30. Eastbound restrictions will run from 9 p.m. Friday until noon Saturday.
Crews will be replacing existing expansion dams on the Walworth Bridge.
Phased lane restrictions will continue during the next few weekends. Eastbound lanes will be restricted from 9 p.m. Sept. 27 to 6 a.m. Sept. 30 and again from 9 p.m. Oct. 4 to 6 a.m. Oct. 7.
Westbound lanes will be restricted from 9 p.m. Oct. 4 until noon Oct. 5, according to PennDOT.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Murrysville man draws on experiences in starting SAT prep academy
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Geyer helps revive Scottdale theater that bears family name
- Man snatches purse behind mall
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Fire damages Derry home, leaves family with ‘about nothing’
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings
- Latrobe couple who locked son in car trunk avoids jail
- Westmoreland celebrates Americans with Disabilities Act’s anniversary
- Mt. Pleasant Relay for Life participants unfazed by rain
- PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield