Vehicles collide headon in New Stanton
Two vehicles collided headon Thursday night on Route 119 in New Stanton when one reportedly was traveling in the wrong lane.
No information was available regarding any injuries or their severity.
The Westmoreland Department of Public Safety reported that the accident occurred just before 10 p.m. between the overpasses that carry traffic to Route 119 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. One of the vehicles was traveling in the wrong lane of travel, according to a dispatcher.
The collision occurred near Hepler's Hardware, which is along the northbound lanes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Donegal Township families fight driller to get clean water
- Police: Penn Township man was ‘lonely,’ so he called 911
- Ex-assistant at Penn-Trafford pleads guilty to sending inappropriate texts
- Latrobe school directors won’t forgive bill for WCCC land
- Greensburg finalizes deal to provide sign language interpreter for soccer program
- Bicyclist injured in collision with construction vehicle
- Walker: Scottdale Fall Festival kicks off this weekend
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- Reputed leader of motorcycle gang returned to Pa. to face charges
- 40-year-old Latrobe woman used boy, 13, for sex, drugs, police say
- Derry planning commission member joins council