Ligonier Township man dies in Route 30 crash
A 22-year-old Ligonier Township man was killed in a one-vehicle accident in Unity early Sunday morning.
Zachary Z. Fazli was pronounced dead at 5 a.m., according to Westmoreland County Coroner Kenneth A. Bacha.
The crash happened around 2 a.m. on Route 30, about a mile east of the intersection with Route 217, according to state police.
Fazli was a passenger in the vehicle, which was eastbound. State police are not yet releasing the name of the driver, who was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital, according to Trooper Eric Zona.
There were no other vehicles involved in the accident. According to the coroner's office, the car hit the guide rail, continued down a steep embankment, struck trees and overturned multiple times.
Fazli , who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected from the vehicle. According to Bacha, he died of blunt-force trauma to the head.
State police said they are unsure of the reason for the crash and will continue their investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Demolition project at Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg moves ahead
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale
- Ligonier Township residents concerned about hydraulic fracturing amid draft zoning ordinance
- Fire at Westmoreland prison extinguished
- Judge dismisses Latrobe man’s appeal in ’08 strangulation
- Ligonier man’s sentences for slayings upheld
- Route 981 sewage project could cost less
- Briefs: New Stanton beer distributorship changes hands
- Ligonier man first in Pa. to own aluminum-body F-150
- Ligonier Township supervisors approve budget with no tax hike
- Westmoreland County judge denies appeal of convicted wife killer