Ligonier Township man dies in Route 30 crash
A 22-year-old Ligonier Township man was killed in a one-vehicle accident in Unity early Sunday morning.
Zachary Z. Fazli was pronounced dead at 5 a.m., according to Westmoreland County Coroner Kenneth A. Bacha.
The crash happened around 2 a.m. on Route 30, about a mile east of the intersection with Route 217, according to state police.
Fazli was a passenger in the vehicle, which was eastbound. State police are not yet releasing the name of the driver, who was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital, according to Trooper Eric Zona.
There were no other vehicles involved in the accident. According to the coroner's office, the car hit the guide rail, continued down a steep embankment, struck trees and overturned multiple times.
Fazli , who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected from the vehicle. According to Bacha, he died of blunt-force trauma to the head.
State police said they are unsure of the reason for the crash and will continue their investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Seat in 32nd District deemed crucial for Pennsylvania Senate control
- Greensburg merchants offer soup for a charitable Claus
- Derry man jailed in scuffle with police
- Hempfield Hunt Club gets waiver to speed construction in New Stanton
- Westmoreland County may relax free ride-share rules
- Greater Latrobe outsources more computer work, touted to save $60K
- Hempfield zoning board OKs variances for gas station, store