Ligonier Township man dies in Route 30 crash
A 22-year-old Ligonier Township man was killed in a one-vehicle accident in Unity early Sunday morning.
Zachary Z. Fazli was pronounced dead at 5 a.m., according to Westmoreland County Coroner Kenneth A. Bacha.
The crash happened around 2 a.m. on Route 30, about a mile east of the intersection with Route 217, according to state police.
Fazli was a passenger in the vehicle, which was eastbound. State police are not yet releasing the name of the driver, who was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital, according to Trooper Eric Zona.
There were no other vehicles involved in the accident. According to the coroner's office, the car hit the guide rail, continued down a steep embankment, struck trees and overturned multiple times.
Fazli , who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected from the vehicle. According to Bacha, he died of blunt-force trauma to the head.
State police said they are unsure of the reason for the crash and will continue their investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Slovenian Club in Claridge is marking 100th anniversary
- Westmoreland judge keeps Ligonier Borough planning commission intact
- Derry Township residents voice concerns about mining company blast plans
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Jeannette traffic stop leads to drug charges
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job