North Huntingdon man dies in truck crash
A Westmoreland County truck driver was killed Monday morning in Greene County when the tanker truck he was operating veered off the road and hit a tree, the Greene County Coroner's Office said.
Clem Giancola III, 56, of North Huntingdon, was pronounced dead at 10:34 a.m. at the scene of the accident along Greene Grove Road in Morgan Township, Chief Deputy Coroner Mary Lewis said. An autopsy was conducted Monday and the cause of death is pending toxicology tests, Lewis said.
Giancola was hauling a tanker full of water for Myers Well Service of Export when the accident occurred as the rig was traveling up a hill, Lewis said.
State police at Waynesburg investigated the crash. A news release from the state police was not available late Monday night.
The Joseph W. Nickels Funeral Home Inc. of Herminie is handling the funeral arrangements, Lewis said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- Southwest Greensburg man died of injuries in accident in Bell
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Mt. Pleasant man injured when tractor hit by vehicle
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Redstone gets $90K grant for safety upgrade
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County upgrades emergency communications plan