North Huntingdon man dies in truck crash
A Westmoreland County truck driver was killed Monday morning in Greene County when the tanker truck he was operating veered off the road and hit a tree, the Greene County Coroner's Office said.
Clem Giancola III, 56, of North Huntingdon, was pronounced dead at 10:34 a.m. at the scene of the accident along Greene Grove Road in Morgan Township, Chief Deputy Coroner Mary Lewis said. An autopsy was conducted Monday and the cause of death is pending toxicology tests, Lewis said.
Giancola was hauling a tanker full of water for Myers Well Service of Export when the accident occurred as the rig was traveling up a hill, Lewis said.
State police at Waynesburg investigated the crash. A news release from the state police was not available late Monday night.
The Joseph W. Nickels Funeral Home Inc. of Herminie is handling the funeral arrangements, Lewis said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Franklin Regional security guard fighting to get job back
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Jeannette traffic stop leads to drug charges