North Huntingdon man dies in truck crash
A Westmoreland County truck driver was killed Monday morning in Greene County when the tanker truck he was operating veered off the road and hit a tree, the Greene County Coroner's Office said.
Clem Giancola III, 56, of North Huntingdon, was pronounced dead at 10:34 a.m. at the scene of the accident along Greene Grove Road in Morgan Township, Chief Deputy Coroner Mary Lewis said. An autopsy was conducted Monday and the cause of death is pending toxicology tests, Lewis said.
Giancola was hauling a tanker full of water for Myers Well Service of Export when the accident occurred as the rig was traveling up a hill, Lewis said.
State police at Waynesburg investigated the crash. A news release from the state police was not available late Monday night.
The Joseph W. Nickels Funeral Home Inc. of Herminie is handling the funeral arrangements, Lewis said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man snatches purse behind mall
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
- Walker: Latrobe gets ready to welcome Steelers back to camp
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
- Unity zoning board OKs cellphone tower project