North Huntingdon man dies in truck crash
A Westmoreland County truck driver was killed Monday morning in Greene County when the tanker truck he was operating veered off the road and hit a tree, the Greene County Coroner's Office said.
Clem Giancola III, 56, of North Huntingdon, was pronounced dead at 10:34 a.m. at the scene of the accident along Greene Grove Road in Morgan Township, Chief Deputy Coroner Mary Lewis said. An autopsy was conducted Monday and the cause of death is pending toxicology tests, Lewis said.
Giancola was hauling a tanker full of water for Myers Well Service of Export when the accident occurred as the rig was traveling up a hill, Lewis said.
State police at Waynesburg investigated the crash. A news release from the state police was not available late Monday night.
The Joseph W. Nickels Funeral Home Inc. of Herminie is handling the funeral arrangements, Lewis said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Police claim woman stabbed husband at their Jeannette business
- Westmoreland County Courthouse, annex roofs will be given $665K fix
- Ligonier Township planners offer suggested changes to zoning proposal
- Officials plan software upgrade to Westmoreland County emergency dispatching system
- Prosecutors want texts back in Pinkney trial
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- $7.6M buyout at Hempfield prison site clouds sale
- Unity lawyer to vie for Westmoreland County judgeship
- Westmoreland County Park Police: Man tried to enter courthouse with gun