North Huntingdon man dies in truck crash
A Westmoreland County truck driver was killed Monday morning in Greene County when the tanker truck he was operating veered off the road and hit a tree, the Greene County Coroner's Office said.
Clem Giancola III, 56, of North Huntingdon, was pronounced dead at 10:34 a.m. at the scene of the accident along Greene Grove Road in Morgan Township, Chief Deputy Coroner Mary Lewis said. An autopsy was conducted Monday and the cause of death is pending toxicology tests, Lewis said.
Giancola was hauling a tanker full of water for Myers Well Service of Export when the accident occurred as the rig was traveling up a hill, Lewis said.
State police at Waynesburg investigated the crash. A news release from the state police was not available late Monday night.
The Joseph W. Nickels Funeral Home Inc. of Herminie is handling the funeral arrangements, Lewis said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- House 58th District seat candidates focus on education, taxes
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97
- Second phase of Westmoreland Airpark in Unity opens
- Attorney: Indiana County suspect not fit for trial in fatal Derry shooting
- Trick-or-treat in Mt. Pleasant set for Sunday
- Pittsburgh man pleads guilty in Monessen shooting
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker