Lane restricted on Route 22 after tractor-trailer overturns
Traffic was limited to one lane on Route 22 East in Salem Township after a tractor-trailer overturned about 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The rig was the only vehicle reported in the accident near Liberty Transportation at Croft Road, just west of the intersection with Route 819, according to emergency dispatchers.
A state police dispatcher said he was unsure how long the delay would last. As of 11:45 p.m., the lane was still closed.
The driver of the truck was out and it was leaking fluids, the 911 dispatcher said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Radiation measuring device triggered by load at Yukon facility
- Defense can see, not copy tape, Westmoreland County judge rules
- Golf outing a fitting tribute