Pair jailed in attempted Mt. Pleasant robbery case
Two men were jailed this week for threatening a Mt. Pleasant man with a knife in an unsuccessful robbery.
Jacob Connelly, 20, of New Stanton, and Lukas R. Trout, 22, of Mt. Pleasant are charged with robbery, conspiracy and simple assault in connection with an incident at the victim's North Church Street home.
Mt. Pleasant Patrolman Elliot Fejes said that shortly before 3 p.m. Sept. 20, Westmoreland Emergency Management dispatchers received a hang-up call, which Fejes went to investigate.
When Fejes arrived at the home, the male victim said two men had entered his home and beat him, tearing his clothing, according to documents filed with Norvelt District Judge Roger Eckels.
The victim told police that Connelly threatened him with a knife and wanted $100. The robbers fled on foot before police arrived without getting any money, police said.
The victim told police he recognized Trout, who telephoned the victim shortly after the robbery attempt while Fejes was present.
Fejes said he took the telephone from the victim and asked Trout to turn himself in, but Trout refused.
Trout was arrested on Tuesday and ordered to be held in the county prison after failing to post $10,000 bail.
Police arrested Connelly on Wednesday night when the victim identified him from a photo lineup. Connelly was ordered held in the county prison after failing to post $25,000 bail.
He also is charged with providing police with a false identity, Jake Clark.
Preliminary hearings for both men are scheduled for Oct. 3 before Eckels.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bank seeks to foreclose on Eastern Derry Twp. VFD
- Westmoreland County sheriff won’t alter staffing as cash runs out
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Homewood man faces drug charges after chase in Trafford
- Higher property taxes in Westmoreland County ruled out despite $15M budget gap
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- Tentative Sewickley Twp. budget holds line on taxes
- Former SCI Greensburg headed for auction block
- 3 gunmen sought in Hempfield home invasion
- Westmoreland DA wants killer Stahl to pay wife’s relatives
- Belle Vernon-Speers Bridge work set for next summer