2 from Mt. Pleasant charged with false robbery report
Two Mt. Pleasant residents were charged with reporting a false robbery to police.
Mandy Fink, 33, of 310 N. Diamond St. and Joseph Forsythe, 26, of 109 E. Washington St., were both charged with giving a false report to authorities, conspiracy and unsworn falsification to authorities at District Judge Roger Eckels' office.
Police said that on Sept. 12, Mt. Pleasant Police were flagged down by Fink and Forsythe along the 400 block of Washington Street when they told the officer that a black male who goes by the name of Meatball stole approximately $60 from Fink's purse.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Fink and Forsythe on Oct. 24 before Eckels.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Penn Township man was ‘lonely,’ so he called 911
- Latrobe school directors won’t forgive bill for WCCC land
- Donegal Township families fight driller to get clean water
- Ex-assistant at Penn-Trafford pleads guilty to sending inappropriate texts
- Greensburg will provide interpreter for soccer program
- Mt. Pleasant hospital sets ‘exceptional’ example
- Walker: Scottdale Fall Festival kicks off this weekend
- New York fuel cell company to add another plant in Mt. Pleasant Township
- Ligonier Township man jailed in alleged assault of police chief
- Jeannette school board adds network assistant
- Police investigate Hempfield fight