2 from Mt. Pleasant charged with false robbery report
Two Mt. Pleasant residents were charged with reporting a false robbery to police.
Mandy Fink, 33, of 310 N. Diamond St. and Joseph Forsythe, 26, of 109 E. Washington St., were both charged with giving a false report to authorities, conspiracy and unsworn falsification to authorities at District Judge Roger Eckels' office.
Police said that on Sept. 12, Mt. Pleasant Police were flagged down by Fink and Forsythe along the 400 block of Washington Street when they told the officer that a black male who goes by the name of Meatball stole approximately $60 from Fink's purse.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Fink and Forsythe on Oct. 24 before Eckels.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 3 injured as crash ties up Route 22 in Salem for nearly 8 hours
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews for drug addiction data
- Mt Pleasant police officer assaulted while making arrest
- Hempfield Area balances budget with 1.79-mill tax increase
- Hempfield dentist-turned-missionary-turned-author offers advice for youths
- Mt. Pleasant Borough’s ‘Party in the Park’ to be held Friday, July 3
- Route 119 ramp to Route 819 to be closed in July
- Hempfield man pleads guilty in crime spree in North Huntingdon, Jeannette, Unity
- Last barrier to Monsour Medical Center demolition about to fall
- Fire extinguished at Smithton commercial building
- Jeannette school taxes will rise by 1.53 mills