2 from Mt. Pleasant charged with false robbery report
Two Mt. Pleasant residents were charged with reporting a false robbery to police.
Mandy Fink, 33, of 310 N. Diamond St. and Joseph Forsythe, 26, of 109 E. Washington St., were both charged with giving a false report to authorities, conspiracy and unsworn falsification to authorities at District Judge Roger Eckels' office.
Police said that on Sept. 12, Mt. Pleasant Police were flagged down by Fink and Forsythe along the 400 block of Washington Street when they told the officer that a black male who goes by the name of Meatball stole approximately $60 from Fink's purse.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Fink and Forsythe on Oct. 24 before Eckels.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man admits preying on Lower Burrell neighbor, taking more than $100K in money, goods
- Catholic Diocese of Greensburg injunction becomes permanent
- Ex-worker admits to taking money from Penn Township Sewage Authority
- Stormwater management plan stuck in stalemate in Unity, Latrobe, Derry Townships
- Greater Latrobe schedules will be available online
- Pickup changes to be in place at Greensburg Salem Middle School next week
- Police look for Derry driver who crashed into house
- Western Pa. Operation Nighthawk traffic patrol yields 38 arrests
- Mt. Pleasant police chief Ober retires
- New Stanton to craft comprehensive plan to prove borough ‘more than’ turnpike exit
- Monessen man’s homicide trial set