2 from Mt. Pleasant charged with false robbery report
Two Mt. Pleasant residents were charged with reporting a false robbery to police.
Mandy Fink, 33, of 310 N. Diamond St. and Joseph Forsythe, 26, of 109 E. Washington St., were both charged with giving a false report to authorities, conspiracy and unsworn falsification to authorities at District Judge Roger Eckels' office.
Police said that on Sept. 12, Mt. Pleasant Police were flagged down by Fink and Forsythe along the 400 block of Washington Street when they told the officer that a black male who goes by the name of Meatball stole approximately $60 from Fink's purse.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Fink and Forsythe on Oct. 24 before Eckels.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Trooper: Suspect confessed to fatal Hempfield shooting
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Videotaping suspect from Greensburg doesn’t show at hearing
- West Overton museum to host Civil War exhibit