Westmoreland County Courthouse evacuated twice after fire alarms
The Westmoreland County Courthouse in Greensburg was briefly evacuated twice Monday morning after two separate fire alarms.
The first alarm at 9:51 a.m. turned out to be a false alarm on the mezzanine of the old courthouse building.
Greensburg Fire Chief Ed Hutchinson said a second alarm went off 30 minutes later when someone smelled “something from an overheated computer.”
“Neither alarm turned out to be anything,” Hutchinson said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Higher property taxes in Westmoreland County ruled out despite $15M budget gap
- Tentative Sewickley Twp. budget holds line on taxes
- Homewood man faces drug charges after chase in Trafford
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- Former SCI Greensburg headed for auction block
- Ligonier native Christensen works on Ebola as CDC epidemiologist
- Westmoreland DA wants killer Stahl to pay wife’s relatives
- Unity municipal authority blames rate hike on past actions
- Ex-youth group volunteer from Monroeville indicted on child pornography charges
- Burglars target 2 Herminie stores