Westmoreland County Courthouse evacuated twice after fire alarms
The Westmoreland County Courthouse in Greensburg was briefly evacuated twice Monday morning after two separate fire alarms.
The first alarm at 9:51 a.m. turned out to be a false alarm on the mezzanine of the old courthouse building.
Greensburg Fire Chief Ed Hutchinson said a second alarm went off 30 minutes later when someone smelled “something from an overheated computer.”
“Neither alarm turned out to be anything,” Hutchinson said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Derry Twp. crash
- Latrobe group cancels raffle, seeks ticket holders for refunds
- Ligonier Township considers cellphone tower requests
- Energy company responsible for polluting Donegal well appeals state’s finding
- Southmoreland High School junior’s broken jaw ‘could have been avoided’
- Former Pagans leader works out plea agreement
- 2 suspects charged with second robbery in Hempfield
- Stewartsville principal’s comments taken out of context, district claims
- Jeannette purse-snatching suspects to stand trial in 5 incidents
- Woman charged with assault spree in Jeannette