Fireworks to go off at Penn-Trafford game
Friday's Penn-Trafford high school football game will feature fireworks.
Township Manager Bruce Light said the unused pyrotechnics left over from the past two fall festivals will be set off Friday night around 10 p.m., after the homecoming game. The fireworks displays planned for the festivals were cancelled because of rain.
Light said the fireworks will be set off, weather permitting, from municipal park and should be visible at the football stadium. Parking will be permitted in certain areas of the park.
The display is scheduled to follow the band show, which will begin after the football game concludes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- YouTube campaign by Latrobe 4-year-old aids Alzheimer’s Association
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Consent decree that limits weddings at Foxley Farms ruled valid
- Adelphoi resident charged as adult in Latrobe assault
- Sewickley Township man got food stamps, $206K in gas well royalties, investigators say
- Forbes: Monday is pizza night at St. Pius
- Man snatches purse behind Westmoreland Mall
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings
- Latrobe man who admitted role in fatal crash allowed to continue driving