Search underway in Turner Valley section of North Huntingdon for missing man
Police, fire and other first responders were involved Friday night in a search in the Turner Valley section of North Huntingdon for a missing man.
A township police dispatcher said at 9:30 p.m. that the “active search” involved “canine units and normal supporting” rescue workers.
A spokesman for the Circleville volunteer fire department said the search focused on a 58-year-old man.
All-terrain vehicles also were involved in the search near railroad tracks, and a helicopter had been summoned, the department spokesman said.
Additional personnel were being summoned at 10 p.m., according to police dispatches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Hribal’s attorney seeks to push back trial
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence
- Herminie woman, 18, dies after car accident in Turkeytown
- Fund set up for 4-year-old Meyersdale girl’s final expenses
- Westmoreland County to auction guns, vehicles
- Razing of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette within reach with $1M grant
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Herminie man admits 1 robbery at ATM
- Westmoreland County Historical Society honors late Tribune-Review publisher Scaife, Fort Ligonier trustee emeritus Fagan
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job