Search underway in Turner Valley section of North Huntingdon for missing man
Police, fire and other first responders were involved Friday night in a search in the Turner Valley section of North Huntingdon for a missing man.
A township police dispatcher said at 9:30 p.m. that the “active search” involved “canine units and normal supporting” rescue workers.
A spokesman for the Circleville volunteer fire department said the search focused on a 58-year-old man.
All-terrain vehicles also were involved in the search near railroad tracks, and a helicopter had been summoned, the department spokesman said.
Additional personnel were being summoned at 10 p.m., according to police dispatches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Westmoreland historical society honors efforts by Scaife, Fagan, Norwin group
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Scottdale’s Friends of the Library will meet tonight
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet
- Butler blasting worker in North Huntingdon water main break put on probation
- Police: Westmoreland woman forged painkiller prescriptions
- Groups sponsor candidates forum in Monessen
- Greensburg artist follows unusual path to creative career
- Youngwood Council to pick solicitor from ‘good mix’