Search underway in Turner Valley section of North Huntingdon for missing man
Police, fire and other first responders were involved Friday night in a search in the Turner Valley section of North Huntingdon for a missing man.
A township police dispatcher said at 9:30 p.m. that the “active search” involved “canine units and normal supporting” rescue workers.
A spokesman for the Circleville volunteer fire department said the search focused on a 58-year-old man.
All-terrain vehicles also were involved in the search near railroad tracks, and a helicopter had been summoned, the department spokesman said.
Additional personnel were being summoned at 10 p.m., according to police dispatches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield man receives long-overdue Bronze Star for World War II service
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought; alleged accomplice arrested
- Arnold man’s molestation conviction upheld
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Longtime Greensburg District Judge Albert will seek fifth term
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Charges advance for men accused in police scuffle at Fort Ligonier Days
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Electricity deal eyed for Latrobe
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township