Police: $3,000 missing from Hempfield car dealer
Authorities are investigating the theft of $3,000 from a Hempfield car dealer.
Someone took the money from Star Auto Mall on Route 30 between Sept. 16 and 27, state police at Greensburg said.
Bob Sullivan, the business' general manager, declined comment on Saturday.
Anyone with information should call police at 724-832-3288.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Greensburg police captain to attend highly selective academy
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Westmoreland jail guard accused of selling illegal steroids