North Huntingdon police end search for White Oak man
North Huntingdon police will not resume their search for a 58-year-old White Oak man who went missing along the Youghiogheny River in North Huntingdon.
Township police say that they exhausted all of their resources on Friday and Saturday looking for James G. Leffard.
His vehicle was found along the river in the Turner Valley section of the township on Friday, Sgt. Gregory T. Arendas said. An avid kayaker, Leffard's kayak was found unoccupied with his cellphone and identification inside near Coulter, Allegheny County.
Police said they were uncertain whether Leffard had an accident or a medical problem.
Authorities searched Friday and Saturday until dark for Leffard.
River rescue boats and all-terrain vehicles scoured the riverbanks. Dogs aided authorities in the search.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Seat in 32nd District deemed crucial for Pennsylvania Senate control
- Latrobe police officer sues councilman, city for slander
- Derry man jailed in scuffle with police
- PennDOT plow truck drivers prepare for snow
- Greensburg merchants offer soup for a charitable Claus
- Westmoreland County may relax free ride-share rules
- Forbes: Dinner to benefit ‘Shop with a Cop’ program