North Huntingdon police end search for White Oak man
North Huntingdon police will not resume their search for a 58-year-old White Oak man who went missing along the Youghiogheny River in North Huntingdon.
Township police say that they exhausted all of their resources on Friday and Saturday looking for James G. Leffard.
His vehicle was found along the river in the Turner Valley section of the township on Friday, Sgt. Gregory T. Arendas said. An avid kayaker, Leffard's kayak was found unoccupied with his cellphone and identification inside near Coulter, Allegheny County.
Police said they were uncertain whether Leffard had an accident or a medical problem.
Authorities searched Friday and Saturday until dark for Leffard.
River rescue boats and all-terrain vehicles scoured the riverbanks. Dogs aided authorities in the search.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Groups sponsor candidates forum in Monessen
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Butler blasting worker in North Huntingdon water main break put on probation
- Ex-clerk convicted of stealing more than $116K from WCCC avoids jail
- Youngwood Council to pick solicitor from ‘good mix’
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Bolivar couple charged with endangerment; baby nearly drowned, police say
- Delmont must address access road for gas station
- Greensburg artist follows unusual path to creative career
- Police: Jeannette woman tried to steal family’s safe