North Huntingdon police end search for White Oak man
North Huntingdon police will not resume their search for a 58-year-old White Oak man who went missing along the Youghiogheny River in North Huntingdon.
Township police say that they exhausted all of their resources on Friday and Saturday looking for James G. Leffard.
His vehicle was found along the river in the Turner Valley section of the township on Friday, Sgt. Gregory T. Arendas said. An avid kayaker, Leffard's kayak was found unoccupied with his cellphone and identification inside near Coulter, Allegheny County.
Police said they were uncertain whether Leffard had an accident or a medical problem.
Authorities searched Friday and Saturday until dark for Leffard.
River rescue boats and all-terrain vehicles scoured the riverbanks. Dogs aided authorities in the search.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Extremes in weather hurt crops in Westmoreland
- Hempfield man serving life without parole for killing wife tells judge he’ll pay restitution when he’s released
- Sutersville ready to sell former church
- Police: Scottdale man had child porn on computer
- Death row inmate Smyrnes claims isolation cruel and unusual punishment in Westmoreland County case
- Man charged with hitting girlfriend with car in East Huntingdon reaches plea agreement
- Sewickley Twp. man who received food stamps didn’t disclose gas royalties
- More than 100 stamp bags confiscated in Greensburg; 4 arrested
- Fairfield Township resident honored by Loyalhanna Watershed Association
- Kecksburg celebrates its UFO history with annual festival
- Scottdale chamber’s Community Yard Sale to be held Saturday