Drug probe leads to 3 arrests in Westmoreland, Fayette
Undercover drug purchases of heroin and painkillers by informants working with the Westmoreland County Drug Task Force in the summer resulted in the arrests of two Derry Township residents and a Fayette County man.
Brian A. Nicely, 23, of Malone Road, and Diedre Yezerski, 27, of Scotia Lane, both in Derry Township, are charged by Latrobe police with possession of a controlled substance and possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance for sales of several stamp bags of heroin on June 2, June 17 and July 12. The sales took place in Latrobe and Derry and Unity townships.
According to an affidavit of probable cause filed by Officer Michael Wigand, a member of the task force, Nicely and Yezerski would text potential customers when they planned to travel to Pittsburgh and have “heroin later in the day” to sell.
According to the affidavits, heroin sales were arranged with confidential informants at the First Ward Playground, Adams Memorial Library parking lot and the Sheetz store along Route 982 in Derry Township. Members of the task force observed the heroin sales, ranging from three to 10 stamp bags.
Carl W. Nolan, 31, of Adah, Fayette County, was charged with multiple counts of possession of a controlled substance for selling Suboxone strips and oxycodone painkillers to confidential informants working with the task force.
The sales occurred June 2 at Sheetz and a parking area along Village Drive in the Mt. View area of Unity and were witnessed by task force members, according to the affidavit of probable cause filed by Mt. Pleasant Assistant police Chief Dan Zilli, a task force member.
Nicely was released from Westmoreland County Prison on Tuesday after posting $25,000 bail. Yezerski and Nicely are being held in the jail on $50,000 and $10,000, respectively.
Hearings are scheduled Oct. 21 before Unity Township District Judge Michael Mahady.
Paul Peirce is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Walker: Still time to recycle live Christmas trees in Scottdale
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- New Derry woman charged after mail delivery of 4 pounds of marijuana
- Salem man, in lockup in Greensburg shooting, charged with threatening to kill prison guard
- Ligonier Township residents voice concern to supervisors about new zoning ordinance
- Derry Township auto shop owner finds theft suspect hiding inside
- Police charge 3 in Hempfield trailer court burglary
- Hempfield votes to fill public works job with interim director Cisco
- Latrobe police seek driver of red cargo van
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- 2 accused of taking baby to New Kensington drug deal get probation