Leaf collection under way in Penn Township
Township workers are beginning to collect fallen leaves.
Curbside pickup will be conducted in areas west of the turnpike during the weeks of Oct. 7 and 21, Nov. 4 and 18, and Dec. 2.
Areas east of the turnpike will see leaf pickup during the weeks of Oct. 14 and 28, Nov. 11 and 25 and Dec. 9.
Residents who rake leaves to the curb should not place them on the road.
Waste Management will pick up bagged leaves throughout the township Oct. 16, Nov. 6 and Nov. 27.
Leaves must be placed in biodegradable bags, which are sold at home improvement stores or by the township for 85 cents each.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Honored Westmoreland youth counselor sought in theft of money from clients
- Daughter’s generosity lives on in Ruffsdale family
- Kopas, citing poor state inspection, pushes to end deal for Westmoreland Manor operator
- Detaining juveniles charged as adults costs Westmoreland reimbursement money
- Greensburg YMCA pool upgrade in works
- Derry Township man killed when ATV flips
- Ligonier water shutoff delayed slightly
- Children honor late Ligonier Township officer at Westmoreland Fair
- Proposed trucking repair facility at air park gets Unity planners’ OK
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- Prison becomes detox center for growing number of inmates with addictions