Leaf collection under way in Penn Township
Township workers are beginning to collect fallen leaves.
Curbside pickup will be conducted in areas west of the turnpike during the weeks of Oct. 7 and 21, Nov. 4 and 18, and Dec. 2.
Areas east of the turnpike will see leaf pickup during the weeks of Oct. 14 and 28, Nov. 11 and 25 and Dec. 9.
Residents who rake leaves to the curb should not place them on the road.
Waste Management will pick up bagged leaves throughout the township Oct. 16, Nov. 6 and Nov. 27.
Leaves must be placed in biodegradable bags, which are sold at home improvement stores or by the township for 85 cents each.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Reputed leader of motorcycle gang returned to Pa. to face charges
- Trooper: Suspect confessed to fatal Hempfield shooting
- Sale date for Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette finalized by court
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back