Police: Jeannette man assaults security guard
A Jeannette man was charged Wednesday with punching a security guard at Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in Greensburg.
Jason Anthony John, 24, was arraigned on charges of aggravated assault and disorderly conduct by Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
John became belligerent at the hospital late Tuesday night, threatening staff members, Greensburg police said.
When a security guard attempted to lead John to another room away from others, John punched the guard three or four times in face, forehead and neck, police said.
Other security guards then restrained John, authorities said.
John was jailed in lieu of posting $7,500 bond and faces a preliminary hearing Oct. 17 before Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- 11 Westmoreland inmates accused of setting fire put in solitary confinement
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Unity name excised from Latrobe parks, recreation
- Catholic Diocese of Greensburg bestows $30K to combat poverty
- Western Pa. retirees skip relaxing, instead head back to school