Police: Jeannette man assaults security guard
A Jeannette man was charged Wednesday with punching a security guard at Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in Greensburg.
Jason Anthony John, 24, was arraigned on charges of aggravated assault and disorderly conduct by Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
John became belligerent at the hospital late Tuesday night, threatening staff members, Greensburg police said.
When a security guard attempted to lead John to another room away from others, John punched the guard three or four times in face, forehead and neck, police said.
Other security guards then restrained John, authorities said.
John was jailed in lieu of posting $7,500 bond and faces a preliminary hearing Oct. 17 before Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Some Derry residents still without water
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Psychologist’s compassion buoyed students, friends
- Ex-youth group volunteer from Monroeville indicted on child pornography charges
- Police: Woman tried to start fire at neighbor’s house in Derry Township
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case