One person dead in Route 22 accident in Murrysville
One person was killed and several people hurt Wednesday night in a multiple-vehicle accident on Route 22 in Murrysville.
The Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety said the crash occurred about 10:40 p.m. near the intersection with Mellon Road.
There were reports of possible entrapment, and the roadway was shut down for an indefinite period. Traffic was backed up for several miles in both directions.
Medical helicopters were summoned to transport the injured to area hospitals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Zoning update raises fears in Ligonier Township
- Shenefelt of North Huntingdon accused of road rage altercation in Westmoreland
- Reputed major heroin trafficker in Westmoreland County pleads guilty, gets prison sentence
- Event gets new formal name: Shop ’n Save Westmoreland County Airshow, presented by Xcoal Energy & Resources in Latrobe
- Auction nets $20,000 from ill-gotten gain in slaying, theft from Washington County woman
- Baby sitter arraigned on assault charges; Hempfield woman high on heroin, state police say
- Deputy sheriff seeks top spot in Greensburg office
- Excela center proposal worries residents of Hempfield neighborhood
- Prosecutors want texts back in Pinkney trial
- $7.6M buyout at Hempfield prison site clouds sale
- Latrobe police to form DUI task force