One person dead in Route 22 accident in Murrysville
One person was killed and several people hurt Wednesday night in a multiple-vehicle accident on Route 22 in Murrysville.
The Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety said the crash occurred about 10:40 p.m. near the intersection with Mellon Road.
There were reports of possible entrapment, and the roadway was shut down for an indefinite period. Traffic was backed up for several miles in both directions.
Medical helicopters were summoned to transport the injured to area hospitals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Honored Westmoreland youth counselor sought in theft of money from clients
- Kopas, citing poor state inspection, pushes to end deal for Westmoreland Manor operator
- Detaining juveniles charged as adults costs Westmoreland reimbursement money
- Greensburg YMCA pool upgrade in works
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- Renovations a go on historic La Rose building in downtown Greensburg
- Survey finds no clear fix to achieving racial diversity in Westmoreland County
- Derry Township man killed when ATV flips
- Ligonier water shutoff delayed slightly
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect Hribal to head to adult prison after Oct. 1
- Prison becomes detox center for growing number of inmates with addictions