One person dead in Route 22 accident in Murrysville
One person was killed and several people hurt Wednesday night in a multiple-vehicle accident on Route 22 in Murrysville.
The Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety said the crash occurred about 10:40 p.m. near the intersection with Mellon Road.
There were reports of possible entrapment, and the roadway was shut down for an indefinite period. Traffic was backed up for several miles in both directions.
Medical helicopters were summoned to transport the injured to area hospitals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greensburg woman has a lifetime of hosting foreign exchange students
- Westmoreland County on pace to surpass record for drug-related fatalities
- Westmoreland Cultural Trust moves to next phase of Palace capital campaign
- Westmoreland judicial candidates spent more than $1.2 million for primary election
- More than 120,000 attend Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival
- New Derry to celebrate its 200th birthday
- Initials carved into pig in Georges Township
- Murrysville home damaged in blaze
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Purple Heart recipient Krinock to lead July Fourth parade in Latrobe
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash