One person dead in Route 22 accident in Murrysville
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2013, 11:54 p.m.
One person was killed and several people hurt Wednesday night in a multiple-vehicle accident on Route 22 in Murrysville.
The Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety said the crash occurred about 10:40 p.m. near the intersection with Mellon Road.
There were reports of possible entrapment, and the roadway was shut down for an indefinite period. Traffic was backed up for several miles in both directions.
Medical helicopters were summoned to transport the injured to area hospitals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘We Are FR’ fund going strong
- Judge rules Delmont man was not aggressor in assault outside Wal-Mart
- Police say Latrobe woman bought gun for boyfriend, who shot neighbor
- St. Vincent student killed in ‘unfortunate accident’ in Erie
- Scottdale to reconsider use of complaint forms
- Response to Franklin Regional stabbings earns official top public safety spot
- New Alexandria man charged with assaulting boy in 2009
- Graziani hired away from Latrobe as Penn Township’s manager
- Vandalizing locks at Washington Township judge’s office could land man in prison
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Retired postal worker picks $1M winner