One person dead in Route 22 accident in Murrysville
One person was killed and several people hurt Wednesday night in a multiple-vehicle accident on Route 22 in Murrysville.
The Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety said the crash occurred about 10:40 p.m. near the intersection with Mellon Road.
There were reports of possible entrapment, and the roadway was shut down for an indefinite period. Traffic was backed up for several miles in both directions.
Medical helicopters were summoned to transport the injured to area hospitals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- Bids expected for demolition of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70
- Greensburg YMCA plans to restore front porch to 1913 look
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Body found in North Huntingdon
- Union Cemetery plot owners, heirs of deceased sought to sort out details of ownership
- Latrobe police seek driver of red cargo van
- Man’s body found in car in Forbes State Forest
- Geyer Performing Arts Center hosts AAFC production of ‘Murder on the Nile’
- Armstrong County man near deal in animal cruelty case