One person dead in Route 22 accident in Murrysville
One person was killed and several people hurt Wednesday night in a multiple-vehicle accident on Route 22 in Murrysville.
The Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety said the crash occurred about 10:40 p.m. near the intersection with Mellon Road.
There were reports of possible entrapment, and the roadway was shut down for an indefinite period. Traffic was backed up for several miles in both directions.
Medical helicopters were summoned to transport the injured to area hospitals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Jeannette trudges through blight
- $2,000 donated for abused puppies recovering at South Huntingdon shelter
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Greensburg streetlights to be updated, save city $90K
- Excela, Pitt-Greensburg team on legacy videos for those in twilight of lives
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- 2 Greensburg properties left on demo list
- Harrold Middle School students hit new high with food drive
- Penn Park project moves forward
- Mt. Pleasant Guard unit may be deployed again