Scottdale VFD to sell hoagies this weekend
The Scottdale Volunteer Fire Department will sell hoagies this weekend on North Broadway in Scottdale. Please support area firefighters.
Daylight Savings Time ends Sunday, please adjust your clock one hour back — remember “fall back.”
A prayer shawl ministry will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at the Regional Family YMCA. For more information, call 724-547-9622.
The Laurel Art Club will meet 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Scottdale Public Library, Spring Street. For more information, call Ed Guest at 724-887-6212.
Tuesday is Election Day. Hours to vote are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Locations to use your voting power are as follows:
• Scottdale: 1st Ward, Church of Christ, 215 N. Chestnut St.
• 2nd Ward, Scottdale Manor, 20 Pearl St.
• 3rd Ward, Christ United Methodist Church, 203 Market St.
• 4th Ward, Scottdale Volunteer Fire Department No. 4, 801 S. Broadway.
Voting will be for state, county and municipal offices (country treasurer, borough council and school board members). Check you voter registration status by visiting www.voterpa.com. If you are voting for the first time, you will need to present a form of identification. For more information, call toll free at 877-868-3772.
The Beulah Baptist Church of Smithfield will present a Sunday school program at 3:15 p.m. with local talent on the program. Guest speaker will be the pastor of Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Leckrone.
A flea market will be held, sponsored by the Altar Society of St. John's Byzantine Catholic Church, 525 Porter Ave., Scottdale, from 5 to 8 p.m. Nov. 7 with an early bird special, $5 admission, refreshments and baked goods; lunch will be available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 8. Accepting donated items and treasures through Tuesday. Not being accepted are: any adult clothing or accessories, women's shoes or purses. We are accepting any and all children's items (clothing, shoes, coats, games, toys and books), all household items, appliances (small), crafts, decorations, jewelry, furniture, books and baby items.
Enjoy “An Evening with Amy Grant” at 8 p.m. Nov. 16 at the Palace Theatre, Greensburg.
Also, on Nov. 17, “Trace Adkins, The Christmas Show” will be presented at 7:30 p.m. at the Palace Theatre. For tickets, call 724-836-8000 or visit www.thepalacetheatre.org.
A big thanks to everyone who made the Connellsville/Scottdale Salvation Army office (300 W. Crawford Ave.) open house such a success on Oct. 1. This office has been in existence for a year. The volunteers were wonderful as usual and all those who were interested, all I can say is thank you.
A special thank you to Maria Nascimben for creating the beautiful fall wreath which was given as a door prize. Thank you to Doris Rizza for the poster illustrations of the many projects the Salvation Army has been involved in. If you need Salvation Army assistance, call 724-628-2010.
In an effort to help local families in need, volunteers are needed to man kettles in two-hour shifts (or more) for the Connellsville/Scottdale Salvation Army Service Center when its Red Kettle campaign kicks off Nov. 29 and will run through Dec. 24.
Volunteers are needed to man kettles at the following locations:
• Mt. Pleasant Wal-Mart, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
• Mt. Pleasant Kmart, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays.
• Mt. Pleasant Save-a-Lot, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays.
• Scottdale Bank & Trust, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Fridays only.
• Brilhart Ace in Scottdale; dates and times to be determined.
Groups, organizations, families or individuals interested may call kettle chairwoman Maria Nascimben at 724-984-5487 or email at email@example.com on or before Nov. 18 to schedule date, time and location.
Sympathy goes out to the Joseph Coppetti family on the loss of Janet Roth Coppetti. Her love for her family and friends was always first and politics followed. She was a Democratic committeewoman for the 4th Ward and judge of elections in the 4th Ward polling location. She will be missed by everyone who knew her.
Deepest sympathy to the family of Laura Levendowski, who was an avid volunteer for the Scottdale Salvation Army Unit, especially for the ringing of the bells for Christmas in July. She will be missed.
Readers, please take time out of your busy schedule to go and vote.
Enjoy our beautiful autumn weather.
Patricia Walker is a Scottdale resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Land costs for New Stanton turnpike interchange project reach $4.2M
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Seton Hill student tells how Pa. Gov. Wolf’s tax plan will hurt her
- Hempfield bicyclist who brought rock, knives into court office charged
- Jeannette police say 5 people caught trespassing on grounds
- Murrysville woman apologizes for scholarship fund theft
- 2 Democrats battle for Hempfield nomination for supervisor
- Greensburg YMCA begins long-awaited porch renovation job
- Jeannette’s Monsour Medical Center demolition costs might go down