Duff Manor resident reports cash stolen
State police are investigating the alleged theft of $2,100 from a resident at Duff Manor in Export.
The resident reported the cash missing from three envelopes in a dresser drawer after a water main break forced an evacuation of the senior citizen apartments last week.
The resident was displaced overnight and discovered the money was missing after returning a day later.
About 40 to 50 customers' water was shut off near Duff Manor on Kennedy Avenue when a 12-inch cast-iron main broke between 5:30 and 6 a.m. Oct. 10, said Tom Ceraso, assistant manager of the Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County. Service was restored at about 3 p.m., he said.
A restoration company worked to remove mud from ground-floor apartments flooded by the water main break.
Eight residents remained displaced on Wednesday. It couldn't be determined whether the resident who reported the theft was still displaced.
The Westmoreland County Housing Authority declined to comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Bride’ goes on at Geyer theater in Scottdale
- 4 sentenced for roles in botched Lower Burrell heist
- Marathoner hit by vehicle in Murrysville recuperates
- 4 seek 3 nominations for Southwest Greensburg council
- Latrobe pharmacy will offer overdose antidote
- Wrongful death suit against Westmoreland Manor settled
- Mt. Pleasant Township home destroyed by fire
- Wendel residents hope to come up with the cash to buy park
- Playground plans in Sewickley Township on hold
- Fines against MAX Environmental up to Westmoreland judge