Blairsville man charged after $200 taken from hockey volunteer
State police in Kiski Valley have charged Michael Maxwell Brooks, 24, of Blairsville with robbery, theft and receiving stolen property after he allegedly stole $200 from a Franklin Regional Hockey Club volunteer.
Police reported the theft occurred Monday during a youth hockey tournament at Center Ice Arena in Salem Township.
Brooks was arraigned Tuesday before Export District Judge Charles R. Conway with a preliminary hearing scheduled for Oct. 22. Unsecured bail was set at $10,000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Franklin Regional security guard fighting to get job back
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Jeannette traffic stop leads to drug charges