Blairsville man charged after $200 taken from hockey volunteer
State police in Kiski Valley have charged Michael Maxwell Brooks, 24, of Blairsville with robbery, theft and receiving stolen property after he allegedly stole $200 from a Franklin Regional Hockey Club volunteer.
Police reported the theft occurred Monday during a youth hockey tournament at Center Ice Arena in Salem Township.
Brooks was arraigned Tuesday before Export District Judge Charles R. Conway with a preliminary hearing scheduled for Oct. 22. Unsecured bail was set at $10,000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70
- Greensburg YMCA plans to restore front porch to 1913 look
- Bids expected for demolition of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Man’s body found in car in Forbes State Forest
- Latrobe police seek driver of red cargo van
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor’s case heads to trial
- Ex-Latrobe day care operator seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Geyer Performing Arts Center hosts AAFC production of ‘Murder on the Nile’
- Union Cemetery plot owners, heirs of deceased sought to sort out details of ownership