Blairsville man charged after $200 taken from hockey volunteer
State police in Kiski Valley have charged Michael Maxwell Brooks, 24, of Blairsville with robbery, theft and receiving stolen property after he allegedly stole $200 from a Franklin Regional Hockey Club volunteer.
Police reported the theft occurred Monday during a youth hockey tournament at Center Ice Arena in Salem Township.
Brooks was arraigned Tuesday before Export District Judge Charles R. Conway with a preliminary hearing scheduled for Oct. 22. Unsecured bail was set at $10,000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- DA wants to use pot evidence in Hempfield slaying trial
- Students learn outside at Westmoreland County’s Envirothon in Hempfield
- Youngwood residents take up cremation site fight
- Ordinance would increase parking fines in Hempfield
- Rostraver Airport receives federal grant to keep skies above runway clear
- ‘Doc Hope’ eases into retirement from West Newton veterinary clinic
- Route 217 bridge work about to start in Derry Borough
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Traveling amateur organists entertain fellow seniors with oldies music
- Westmoreland County municipalities push to clean up litter, dumps
- Mistaken identity leads to drug bust at Westmoreland County Courthouse