Blairsville man charged after $200 taken from hockey volunteer
State police in Kiski Valley have charged Michael Maxwell Brooks, 24, of Blairsville with robbery, theft and receiving stolen property after he allegedly stole $200 from a Franklin Regional Hockey Club volunteer.
Police reported the theft occurred Monday during a youth hockey tournament at Center Ice Arena in Salem Township.
Brooks was arraigned Tuesday before Export District Judge Charles R. Conway with a preliminary hearing scheduled for Oct. 22. Unsecured bail was set at $10,000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says
- Keystone Bakery closes Greensburg store
- Excela, Pitt-Greensburg team on legacy videos for those in twilight of lives
- Harrold Middle School students hit new high with food drive
- Mt. Pleasant plan has no call for tax increase
- Witnesses recount Franklin Regional stabbing
- Dining at Applebee’s helps Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Mt. Pleasant Guard unit may be deployed again
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County, Youngwood discuss sewage system sale
- Westmoreland County, Mt. Pleasant Borough officials try to solve Willow parking issue
- Greensburg still fighting waterlogged Lynch Field, may add drainage