Police seeking man wearing ski mask who approached girl in German Township
State police in Uniontown are seeking the public's assistance in identifying a suspicious vehicle whose driver approached a young girl waiting for a school bus Tuesday in German Township.
The girl called police about 7:30 a.m. to report a man wearing a black ski mask, black gloves and black clothing, driving a white cargo van with tinted windows, had stopped near her driveway.
The girl said she became nervous and ran back into her home and telephoned police.
Anyone with information should contact state police at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Second phase of Westmoreland Airpark in Unity opens
- Attorney: Indiana County suspect not fit for trial in fatal Derry shooting
- House 58th District seat candidates focus on education, taxes
- Trick-or-treat in Mt. Pleasant set for Sunday
- Pittsburgh man pleads guilty in Monessen shooting
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- North Huntingdon commissioners fill vacant board seat
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest