Route 981 lane restriction planned
Beginning Tuesday, a section of Route 981 between Carpentertown Road and Boyer Road will be restricted to a single lane for several weeks.
According to PennDOT, the lane closure will allow concrete abutment and deck repairs to be made.
Temporary traffic signals will control alternating traffic.
The closure is expected to remain in place until Nov. 27, PennDOT officials said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Derry water outage may be resolved by 5 p.m. Sunday, authority says
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- Psychologist’s compassion buoyed students, friends
- Woman to stand trial in Jeannette tot’s death
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- Westmoreland County sheriff won’t alter staffing as cash runs out
- New Stanton council hikes garbage fees to $13.65 per month