Driver injured in Sewickley Township crash
A man had to be cut from the wreckage of his pickup truck after it hit a tree in Sewickley Township Wednesday night.
Waltz Mill Road was closed near the Madison KOA campground after the truck ran off the road about 7:45 p.m., according to an emergency dispatcher.
The driver, in his late 20s, had no passengers, said Herminie fire Chief Eric Kline.
He hit the tree head-on and was in and out of consciousness as firefighters worked to extricate him, Kline said.
“The dash was compressed down on top of him because of the impact,” he said.
Kline said he could not determine what caused the crash, which is being investigated by state police at Greensburg.
The driver was taken to Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville by medical helicopter, Kline said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Ohio woman will be millionth passenger to fly out of Arnold Palmer airport
- Democrats go on offense in Westmoreland County commission debate
- Westmoreland County candidate admits to summary offenses
- Laurel Ridge rangers on watch for sexual misconduct in park
- Southmoreland directors to seek loan info from banks as state budget impasse continues
- Mt. Pleasant school board to discuss website plan
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- Westmoreland couple charged with having heroin, marijuana
- Accuser lying, rape defendant testifies in Westmoreland County trial
- Greensburg council expected to approve fire truck purchase