Ligonier Township solicitor to resign Nov. 1
Ligonier Township solicitor Judith Ciszek will resign effective Nov. 1, according to Supervisor Tim Komar.
Komar said he received a letter of resignation from Ciszek on Monday.
He said the township had recently contacted another attorney to do some work that could have been a conflict of interest for Ciszek.
“We will see if that person can do what we need to do until we can get something in place,” he said.
Komar said the supervisors will see if that attorney can work for the township until the end of the year.
Ciszek could not be reached for comment on Tuesday.
During the supervisors meeting on Oct. 15, Komar had announced that the township would be accepting letters of interest for solicitor for 2014.
“Two-thirds of our supervisors board will be changed, and I think we should put it out there just to see what's going on,” Komar said at the meeting.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Smithfield woman faces probation in insurance company theft
- Convicted killer won’t be freed in 1973 double-murder of children
- Friends take to social media to recall Herminie teen
- MAX Environmental fined for ordinance violations
- Judge removes Zapotosky, Fayette County from civil rights suit
- Ex-kennel manager in Fayette County ordered to pay fines
- Derry Area energy costs expected to rise
- Westmoreland County to auction guns, vehicles
- Wanted: Youngwood Borough Council member
- Burglary, attempted assault at Rostraver bowling lanes investigated