Ligonier Township solicitor to resign Nov. 1
Ligonier Township solicitor Judith Ciszek will resign effective Nov. 1, according to Supervisor Tim Komar.
Komar said he received a letter of resignation from Ciszek on Monday.
He said the township had recently contacted another attorney to do some work that could have been a conflict of interest for Ciszek.
“We will see if that person can do what we need to do until we can get something in place,” he said.
Komar said the supervisors will see if that attorney can work for the township until the end of the year.
Ciszek could not be reached for comment on Tuesday.
During the supervisors meeting on Oct. 15, Komar had announced that the township would be accepting letters of interest for solicitor for 2014.
“Two-thirds of our supervisors board will be changed, and I think we should put it out there just to see what's going on,” Komar said at the meeting.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Second phase of Westmoreland Airpark in Unity opens
- Attorney: Indiana County suspect not fit for trial in fatal Derry shooting
- House 58th District seat candidates focus on education, taxes
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97
- Pittsburgh man pleads guilty in Monessen shooting
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Trick-or-treat in Mt. Pleasant set for Sunday
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral