Harrison City road to close
The Harrison City-Export Road improvement project in Penn Township will close the road in Harrison City for two days beginning Monday as construction crews relocate public utilities.
Traffic in both directions will be blocked from 7 a.m. Monday until about 5 p.m. Tuesday, said township police Chief John Otto.
Otto said the impacted area will be between State Route 130 and Raymaley Road.
“These will be full 24-hour closures,” said PennDOT District 12 spokeswoman Valerie Petersen.
The work is part of the ongoing $3.47 million highway improvement project that is slated for completion in 2014.
Petersen noted the highway will be closed again from 7 a.m. Nov. 4 until 5 p.m. Nov. 8.
Otto noted that motorists will be allowed access to businesses within the construction zone during the closures.
Petersen noted that the only through traffic permitted will be emergency vehicles.
Detours are posted.
The detours include state Route 993, also known as Bushy Run Road, to state Route 4037 (Claridge-Elliott Road), to state Route 4037 (Claridge-Export Road), to state Route 4045 (Blank Road), to Harrison City-Export Road.
Petersen said the closing is necessary so that new drainage can be installed across the existing roadway, and the existing sanitary sewage line can be relocated.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- Mt. Pleasant man injured when tractor hit by vehicle
- $10K grants will help people purchase homes in Monessen
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County upgrades emergency communications plan
- Redstone gets $90K grant for safety upgrade
- Laurel Mountain State Park ski plans will go to Ligonier Township supervisors
- Records access charges will rise in Westmoreland County
- WCCC changes dual-enrollment policy
- Route 22 lane in Derry Township blocked after crash