Derry man pleads guilty to sex-related charges
A Derry man pleaded guilty Tuesday to having improper sexual contact with a young boy over a six-month period that ended in October 2012.
Under terms of a plea bargain, Christopher J. Colaizzi, 36, is expected to be sentenced to serve five to 10 years in prison and 10 years on probation.
Colaizzi pleaded guilty to charges of aggravated indecent assault, indecent assault, corruption of minors and child endangerment. Westmoreland County prosecutors dismissed rape and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.
According to court records, Colaizzi admitted to police that he had repeated sexual contact with an 11-year-old boy.
Westmoreland County Judge John E. Blahovec said Colaizzi will be formally sentenced in about three months after an assessment to determine if he is a sexually violent predator.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Marathoner hit by vehicle in Murrysville recuperates
- 4 seek 3 nominations in Southwest Greensburg
- Mt. Pleasant Township home destroyed by fire
- Playground plans in Sewickley Township on hold
- Fines against MAX Environmental up to Westmoreland judge
- Mutual Aid plans fundraising throughout Westmoreland County to bolster member numbers
- Latrobe pharmacy will offer overdose antidote
- 4 sentenced for roles in botched Lower Burrell heist
- Charges filed in stolen property investigation
- Greensburg Hempfield Area Library board to consider tax referendum
- Wrongful death suit against Westmoreland Manor settled