Derry man pleads guilty to sex-related charges
A Derry man pleaded guilty Tuesday to having improper sexual contact with a young boy over a six-month period that ended in October 2012.
Under terms of a plea bargain, Christopher J. Colaizzi, 36, is expected to be sentenced to serve five to 10 years in prison and 10 years on probation.
Colaizzi pleaded guilty to charges of aggravated indecent assault, indecent assault, corruption of minors and child endangerment. Westmoreland County prosecutors dismissed rape and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.
According to court records, Colaizzi admitted to police that he had repeated sexual contact with an 11-year-old boy.
Westmoreland County Judge John E. Blahovec said Colaizzi will be formally sentenced in about three months after an assessment to determine if he is a sexually violent predator.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Derry woman charged after mail delivery of 4 pounds of marijuana
- Salem man, in lockup in Greensburg shooting, charged with threatening to kill prison guard
- Ligonier Township residents voice concern to supervisors about new zoning ordinance
- Derry Township auto shop owner finds theft suspect hiding inside
- Youngwood advances grease trap ordinance
- 2 accused of taking baby to New Kensington drug deal get probation
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- ‘Murder on the Nile’ at Geyer this weekend
- Westmoreland County Prison visitation goes digital
- Electricity deal eyed for Latrobe