Derry man pleads guilty to sex-related charges
A Derry man pleaded guilty Tuesday to having improper sexual contact with a young boy over a six-month period that ended in October 2012.
Under terms of a plea bargain, Christopher J. Colaizzi, 36, is expected to be sentenced to serve five to 10 years in prison and 10 years on probation.
Colaizzi pleaded guilty to charges of aggravated indecent assault, indecent assault, corruption of minors and child endangerment. Westmoreland County prosecutors dismissed rape and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.
According to court records, Colaizzi admitted to police that he had repeated sexual contact with an 11-year-old boy.
Westmoreland County Judge John E. Blahovec said Colaizzi will be formally sentenced in about three months after an assessment to determine if he is a sexually violent predator.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Slovenian Club in Claridge is marking 100th anniversary
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Derry Township residents voice concerns about mining company blast plans
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judge keeps Ligonier Borough planning commission intact
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown