Derry man pleads guilty to sex-related charges
A Derry man pleaded guilty Tuesday to having improper sexual contact with a young boy over a six-month period that ended in October 2012.
Under terms of a plea bargain, Christopher J. Colaizzi, 36, is expected to be sentenced to serve five to 10 years in prison and 10 years on probation.
Colaizzi pleaded guilty to charges of aggravated indecent assault, indecent assault, corruption of minors and child endangerment. Westmoreland County prosecutors dismissed rape and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.
According to court records, Colaizzi admitted to police that he had repeated sexual contact with an 11-year-old boy.
Westmoreland County Judge John E. Blahovec said Colaizzi will be formally sentenced in about three months after an assessment to determine if he is a sexually violent predator.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet
- Police: Jeannette woman tried to steal family’s safe
- Somerset County man arrested after loaded gun found at Baltimore airport
- Attorney seeks dismissal of charge in Salem wreck that killed mother, unborn child
- Greensburg artist follows unusual path to creative career
- Thousands attend Mt. Pleasant Glass and Ethnic Festival
- No relief in sight for Westmoreland transit passengers
- 3 confirmed cases of MRSA in Ligonier school district
- Hribal will be transferred to Allegheny County psychiatric facility