Unity wife admits helping drug operation
The wife of a man police said operated a major cocaine trafficking ring in Westmoreland County pleaded guilty Thursday to a felony charge that she helped his operation.
Paula Greece, 56, of Unity was sentenced to serve five years on probation, including two years on house arrest. She was discharged from house arrest Thursday, having served more than two years confined to her home while she awaited disposition of her case.
Westmoreland County Judge Rita Hathaway said Greece's probation could be reduced to three years depending on her behavior while under supervision.
Greece's husband, David Greece, was convicted in August of eight drug and conspiracy charges following a brief nonjury trial before Hathaway. No witnesses testified at the trial, as Greece declined to challenge any of the prosecution's evidence.
Hathaway sentenced David Greece, a former maintenance supervisor for the Greensburg Salem School District, to serve five to 10 years in prison.
Paula Greece was lined up to be a prosecution witness against her husband.
Assistant District Attorney Jim Lazar said Paula Greece received a plea bargain that dismissed four of the five charges against her because of testimony she agreed to provide against her husband.
She pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy.
“Everything she did was at the behest of her husband. She wasn't innocent, but she was not as responsible as David Greece,” Lazar said.
Police said David Greece's operation involved more than 1,100 grams of cocaine, cash in excess of $115,000 and about three dozen weapons.
The drugs were stored at the home of Patricia Tuscano, who rented her property from the Greeces, police said.
Tuscano, 35, pleaded guilty in October and was sentenced by Hathaway to serve three years on probation and two years of house arrest.
Rich Cholodofsky is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-830-6293 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom
- Police searching for man who pulled over high school student in Export
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Loyalhanna mother appeals conviction in beating of 3-month-old daughter
- Rostraver woman with cancer, family raise thousands for fighting disease
- WCCC delays new building opening until fall
- Mt. Pleasant’s background colored by entrepreneurial spirit
- Ex-Hempfield vet clinic worker charged in theft of $269K
- Westmoreland deputies find drug suspect at Aliquippa halfway house