Hempfield accident injures motorcyclist
A Trafford man was seriously injured Friday after an accident on Route 30 in Hempfield, police said.
Daniel J. Brink, 24, was taken to UPMC hospital in Pittsburgh for what state police at Greensburg described as a “major injury.”
Information about his condition could not be obtained Saturday from the hospital.
Brink was traveling east in the left lane of travel on Route 30 about 5:50 p.m. near Philip Lane when his Harley-Davidson collided with a 2013 Honda Accord driven by Melinda Jones, 51, of Somerset, police said.
The front wheel separated from the motorcycle and struck a westbound 2010 Dodge Avenger driven by Julie Buffalini, 48, of North Huntingdon, police said.
The motorcycle then collided with a westbound 2012 Subaru Forester driven by Steven Parker, 47, of Greensburg, police said.
Jones, Buffalini and Parker were not injured, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Restitution closes chapter for New Stanton mother
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Jeannette traffic stop leads to drug charges
- Slickville murderer’s appeal tossed