Hempfield accident injures motorcyclist
A Trafford man was seriously injured Friday after an accident on Route 30 in Hempfield, police said.
Daniel J. Brink, 24, was taken to UPMC hospital in Pittsburgh for what state police at Greensburg described as a “major injury.”
Information about his condition could not be obtained Saturday from the hospital.
Brink was traveling east in the left lane of travel on Route 30 about 5:50 p.m. near Philip Lane when his Harley-Davidson collided with a 2013 Honda Accord driven by Melinda Jones, 51, of Somerset, police said.
The front wheel separated from the motorcycle and struck a westbound 2010 Dodge Avenger driven by Julie Buffalini, 48, of North Huntingdon, police said.
The motorcycle then collided with a westbound 2012 Subaru Forester driven by Steven Parker, 47, of Greensburg, police said.
Jones, Buffalini and Parker were not injured, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Red Onion reunion possibly the last for Hempfield coal mining village
- Judge denies former New Alexandria tree trimmer another chance
- Monessen home invasion ‘ringleader’ denied leniency
- Heroin suspect out of Westmoreland County jail on $100K bond
- Police: Greensburg man had heroin, stolen gun
- Ligonier Valley YMCA project in public phase
- Gas meter struck, road temporarily closed near Armbrust Wesleyan Church
- Kecksburg celebrates its UFO history with annual festival
- Southmoreland School director named
- Girl, 10, forced to strip in Sewickley Township home invasion
- Hempfield cyclist to cool wheels in jail during appeal