Hempfield accident injures motorcyclist
A Trafford man was seriously injured Friday after an accident on Route 30 in Hempfield, police said.
Daniel J. Brink, 24, was taken to UPMC hospital in Pittsburgh for what state police at Greensburg described as a “major injury.”
Information about his condition could not be obtained Saturday from the hospital.
Brink was traveling east in the left lane of travel on Route 30 about 5:50 p.m. near Philip Lane when his Harley-Davidson collided with a 2013 Honda Accord driven by Melinda Jones, 51, of Somerset, police said.
The front wheel separated from the motorcycle and struck a westbound 2010 Dodge Avenger driven by Julie Buffalini, 48, of North Huntingdon, police said.
The motorcycle then collided with a westbound 2012 Subaru Forester driven by Steven Parker, 47, of Greensburg, police said.
Jones, Buffalini and Parker were not injured, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Greensburg police captain to attend highly selective academy
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing