Hempfield accident injures motorcyclist
A Trafford man was seriously injured Friday after an accident on Route 30 in Hempfield, police said.
Daniel J. Brink, 24, was taken to UPMC hospital in Pittsburgh for what state police at Greensburg described as a “major injury.”
Information about his condition could not be obtained Saturday from the hospital.
Brink was traveling east in the left lane of travel on Route 30 about 5:50 p.m. near Philip Lane when his Harley-Davidson collided with a 2013 Honda Accord driven by Melinda Jones, 51, of Somerset, police said.
The front wheel separated from the motorcycle and struck a westbound 2010 Dodge Avenger driven by Julie Buffalini, 48, of North Huntingdon, police said.
The motorcycle then collided with a westbound 2012 Subaru Forester driven by Steven Parker, 47, of Greensburg, police said.
Jones, Buffalini and Parker were not injured, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dining at Applebee’s helps Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- Greensburg still fighting waterlogged Lynch Field, may add drainage
- Witnesses recount Franklin Regional stabbing
- Youngwood officials defend rules for rentals
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County, Youngwood discuss sewage system sale
- Sounds of Christmas coming to Fay-West region
- Westmoreland County, Mt. Pleasant Borough officials try to solve Willow parking issue
- Westmoreland County Judge Regoli has 5 days to decide on whether he’ll ask for recount
- Trio of concerts to mark Greensburg’s holiday season
- North Huntingdon dietitian receives state honors