Hempfield accident injures motorcyclist
A Trafford man was seriously injured Friday after an accident on Route 30 in Hempfield, police said.
Daniel J. Brink, 24, was taken to UPMC hospital in Pittsburgh for what state police at Greensburg described as a “major injury.”
Information about his condition could not be obtained Saturday from the hospital.
Brink was traveling east in the left lane of travel on Route 30 about 5:50 p.m. near Philip Lane when his Harley-Davidson collided with a 2013 Honda Accord driven by Melinda Jones, 51, of Somerset, police said.
The front wheel separated from the motorcycle and struck a westbound 2010 Dodge Avenger driven by Julie Buffalini, 48, of North Huntingdon, police said.
The motorcycle then collided with a westbound 2012 Subaru Forester driven by Steven Parker, 47, of Greensburg, police said.
Jones, Buffalini and Parker were not injured, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Traveling amateur organists entertain fellow seniors with oldies music
- Westmoreland County municipalities push to clean up litter, dumps
- ‘Doc Hope’ eases into retirement from West Newton veterinary clinic
- Route 217 bridge work about to start in Derry Borough
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- Land costs for New Stanton turnpike interchange project reach $4.2M
- Murrysville woman apologizes for scholarship fund theft
- Donors’ generosity allows Clairview School girls to get fancy for prom
- Hempfield bicyclist who brought rock, knives into court office charged