Altercation after Jeannatte pool game leads to arrest of mother, son
A family fight over a game of pool at a Jeannette bar last week led to the arrest of a Jeannette woman and her son.
Tammy Gross, 53, of 810 Scott Ave., was charged by Sgt. Jose Gonzales with aggravated assault on a police officer for allegedly slapping him on the right side of the face.
Gross' son, Scott David Gross, 25, of the same address, was charged with simple assault for allegedly hitting Michael Moffe in the left eye and punching his sister, Jessica Girard, on the right side of the face.
The incident occurred at 2:20 a.m. Saturday outside Johnny's Wife's Place along Harrison Avenue in the city's Arlington neighborhood.
Gonzales said in the criminal complaint that he had told Tammy Gross three times to stop yelling and swearing, but she refused.
She was arraigned before Unity District Judge Michael Mahady and faces a preliminary hearing Dec. 5 before Jeannette District Judge Joseph DeMarchis.
The affidavit filed atDeMarchis' office stated that Moffe tackled Scott Gross outside the bar after seeing Gross knock down Girard with a punch to the face.
Girard defeated Scott Gross in a game of pool at the bar.
Police said Moffe punched Gross, who fell and hit his head on a rock, knocking him unconscious. Jeannette E.M.S. took Gross to Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville for treatment, police said.
A date has not been set for Gross' preliminary hearing.
Joe Napsha is a staff writer forTrib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Corbett, Wolf bring gubernatorial campaign to Greensburg
- Fay-West food banks feeling hunger pains
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Laurel Mountain State Park ski plans will go to Ligonier Township supervisors