Two transported after accident Friday in Hempfield
Two people were transported by medical helicopter after a crash Friday night in Hempfield.
About 10:45 p.m., two vehicles collided just north of the intersection of Route 119 and Forbes Trail Road, according to an emergency dispatcher.
One person had to be extricated from a vehicle, the dispatcher said, but no other information was released about the victims or the cause of the accident.
State police at Greensburg were investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Murrysville man draws on experiences in starting SAT prep academy
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Geyer helps revive Scottdale theater that bears family name
- Latrobe couple who locked son in car trunk avoids jail
- PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
- Man snatches purse behind mall
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Fire damages Derry home, leaves family with ‘about nothing’
- Westmoreland County commissioners honor work crew that saved family