Jeannette man killed in Hempfield collision
A 66-year-old Jeannette man died from injuries sustained in a vehicle crash Friday night.
A police report said the accident occurred in Hempfield Township at about 10:45 p.m. when a 36-year-old Mt. Pleasant man failed to stop for a posted stop sign and entered the intersection of State Route 119 and Forbes Trail Road. He collided with the other man's vehicle.
The Jeannette man was flown to Forbes Regional Hospital, where he later died, police said.
One passenger in the 36-year-old man's vehicle was flown to UPMC Presbyterian for treatment, and another passenger in the same vehicle was transported to Excela Westmoreland Hospital for treatment, police said.
Police are still investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Seder in Greensburg looks beyond Jewish community
- WCCC delays new building opening until fall
- Police searching for man who pulled over high school student in Export
- Rostraver woman with cancer, family raise thousands for fighting disease
- Fayette prosecutors face challenge in refiling cold-case murder charges against Mt. Pleasant man
- Geneva College student died of heart-related natural causes, coroner says
- Mt. Pleasant’s background colored by entrepreneurial spirit
- Ex-Hempfield vet clinic worker charged in theft of $269K
- Greensburg police officer Zulisky to run for district judge
- Prostitution-related charges dismissed against Trafford man
- Technology, teaching style set district apart, Mt. Pleasant Area administrators say