Jeannette man killed in Hempfield collision
A 66-year-old Jeannette man died from injuries sustained in a vehicle crash Friday night.
A police report said the accident occurred in Hempfield Township at about 10:45 p.m. when a 36-year-old Mt. Pleasant man failed to stop for a posted stop sign and entered the intersection of State Route 119 and Forbes Trail Road. He collided with the other man's vehicle.
The Jeannette man was flown to Forbes Regional Hospital, where he later died, police said.
One passenger in the 36-year-old man's vehicle was flown to UPMC Presbyterian for treatment, and another passenger in the same vehicle was transported to Excela Westmoreland Hospital for treatment, police said.
Police are still investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Spirit Airlines puts Chicago on its flight path
- Westmoreland historical society holding antiques appraisal
- Harsh February leaves Westmoreland communities short on road salt
- North Huntingdon man accused of road rage altercation in Westmoreland
- Hempfield man to plead guilty to posing as policeman
- Restitution payments top record in Westmoreland County
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- West Newton ponders adding to emergency call list
- Unity planners OK proposal for Route 30 retail development
- Fire damages Jeannette beauty salon and spa