Jeannette man killed in Hempfield collision
A 66-year-old Jeannette man died from injuries sustained in a vehicle crash Friday night.
A police report said the accident occurred in Hempfield Township at about 10:45 p.m. when a 36-year-old Mt. Pleasant man failed to stop for a posted stop sign and entered the intersection of State Route 119 and Forbes Trail Road. He collided with the other man's vehicle.
The Jeannette man was flown to Forbes Regional Hospital, where he later died, police said.
One passenger in the 36-year-old man's vehicle was flown to UPMC Presbyterian for treatment, and another passenger in the same vehicle was transported to Excela Westmoreland Hospital for treatment, police said.
Police are still investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County gets the word out about drug problem
- Unity zoning board OKs cellphone tower project
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Blaze ravages South Huntingdon home
- Penn Township sues to get blighted property cleaned
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Fayette City man shoots himself before police could take him into custody
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Entrapment, injury reported in Derry Township accident
- South Greensburg woman charged in home repairs case
- St. Pius to host church festival on Sunday