Somerset County woman killed in Westmoreland crash
A 31-year-old Somerset County woman was killed early Saturday morning in a one-car accident along Route 30 in Ligonier Township, about 2.5 miles east of the Route 217 intersection, the Westmoreland County Coroner's said.
The victim, Tiffany M. Wiedemann of Main Street, Boswell, died of blunt force trauma to the chest and abdomen as a result of the one-vehicle crash at 3:55 a.m. Saturday, the coroner's office said.
Wiedemann, who was ejected from the eastbound car, was pronounced dead at Excela Latrobe Hospital at 5:05 a.m.
Wiedemann's use of a cell phone is believed to have played a factor in the accident, the coroner said. Widemann was alone in the car and not wearing a seat belt when the car went off the road and rolled over, the coroner said.
An autopsy will not be performed, the coroner said.
Ligonier Township police, who investigated the crash, could not be reached for comment Saturday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County Transit Authority to buy 12 minibuses
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series
- Ligonier Valley YMCA marks start of 32,000-square-foot expansion
- Budget work ahead for Southmoreland School District
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Hempfield to give $13K to Greensburg Hempfield Area Library
- Geneva College student died of heart-related natural causes, coroner says
- Westmoreland deputies find drug suspect at Aliquippa halfway house
- Priest serving in Herminie brings a touch of his Ukraine home with him
- Seder in Greensburg looks beyond Jewish community