Somerset County woman killed in Westmoreland crash
A 31-year-old Somerset County woman was killed early Saturday morning in a one-car accident along Route 30 in Ligonier Township, about 2.5 miles east of the Route 217 intersection, the Westmoreland County Coroner's said.
The victim, Tiffany M. Wiedemann of Main Street, Boswell, died of blunt force trauma to the chest and abdomen as a result of the one-vehicle crash at 3:55 a.m. Saturday, the coroner's office said.
Wiedemann, who was ejected from the eastbound car, was pronounced dead at Excela Latrobe Hospital at 5:05 a.m.
Wiedemann's use of a cell phone is believed to have played a factor in the accident, the coroner said. Widemann was alone in the car and not wearing a seat belt when the car went off the road and rolled over, the coroner said.
An autopsy will not be performed, the coroner said.
Ligonier Township police, who investigated the crash, could not be reached for comment Saturday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Purple Heart recipient Krinock to lead July Fourth parade in Latrobe
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Smithton man gets 6-12 years for robbery in Jeannette
- Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airport
- Independence Day events for Westmoreland County