Somerset County woman killed in Westmoreland crash
A 31-year-old Somerset County woman was killed early Saturday morning in a one-car accident along Route 30 in Ligonier Township, about 2.5 miles east of the Route 217 intersection, the Westmoreland County Coroner's said.
The victim, Tiffany M. Wiedemann of Main Street, Boswell, died of blunt force trauma to the chest and abdomen as a result of the one-vehicle crash at 3:55 a.m. Saturday, the coroner's office said.
Wiedemann, who was ejected from the eastbound car, was pronounced dead at Excela Latrobe Hospital at 5:05 a.m.
Wiedemann's use of a cell phone is believed to have played a factor in the accident, the coroner said. Widemann was alone in the car and not wearing a seat belt when the car went off the road and rolled over, the coroner said.
An autopsy will not be performed, the coroner said.
Ligonier Township police, who investigated the crash, could not be reached for comment Saturday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man’s body found in car in Forbes State Forest
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor’s case heads to trial
- Geyer Performing Arts Center hosts AAFC production of ‘Murder on the Nile’
- Union Cemetery plot owners, heirs of deceased sought to sort out details of ownership
- Armstrong County man near deal in animal cruelty case
- Parking ban on New Stanton street discriminatory, property manager alleges
- Westmoreland register of wills plans to retire
- Woman injured in fire at Jeannette home
- Hempfield Area to boost high school security
- Westmoreland defers to DEP on power plant plan for South Huntingdon
- Body found in North Huntingdon