IUP student reports he was punched, kicked
An Indiana University of Pennsylvania student was punched and kicked on Saturday after he and two roommates were confronted by a group of seven men, Indiana Borough police said.
The student, who wasn't identified by police, said he and his roommates were in the 200 block of South Seventh Street when the assault occurred about 11 p.m. One male in the group pulled a small knife, police said.
Five of the suspects are black and two are white, police said.
The white male with the knife is short and was wearing a “puffy vest,” a hat and saggy dark jeans, authorities said.
Another white suspect is medium height and overweight, police said. A tall, thin black male wore a black tank-top shirt. Another black suspect was short, thin and wore a thermal shirt, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- New Stanton considers contracting for police
- Westmoreland couple charged with having heroin, marijuana
- Ligonier’s Eastwood Inn changes hands
- Derry Township terminates Eastern Derry VFD relief fund
- 3 charged in Norfolk Southern safety device theft
- New Florence assistant fire chief suspended in midst of arrest on sexual assault charges
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Applications to open next week for holiday food baskets, toys
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say