IUP student reports he was punched, kicked
An Indiana University of Pennsylvania student was punched and kicked on Saturday after he and two roommates were confronted by a group of seven men, Indiana Borough police said.
The student, who wasn't identified by police, said he and his roommates were in the 200 block of South Seventh Street when the assault occurred about 11 p.m. One male in the group pulled a small knife, police said.
Five of the suspects are black and two are white, police said.
The white male with the knife is short and was wearing a “puffy vest,” a hat and saggy dark jeans, authorities said.
Another white suspect is medium height and overweight, police said. A tall, thin black male wore a black tank-top shirt. Another black suspect was short, thin and wore a thermal shirt, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Scholarship fund at St. Vincent to honor Kennametal exec
- Homewood man faces drug charges after chase in Trafford
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show