Jeannette man, 52, accused of sexual assaults on Hempfield teen
A 52-year-old Jeannette man is accused of repeatedly sexually assaulting a Hempfield girl over the last year.
Charles E. Moore of 428 S. Fifth St., is charged by state police at Greensburg with aggravated indecent assault, endangering the welfare of children and indecent assault for incidents that began in 2012.
State police were called in to investigate by the Westmoreland County Children's Bureau. The victim, who is under age 16, told authorities Moore would assault her when he visited the family and threatened her if she told anyone.
Moore was released from the county jail Monday after posting $25,000 bail provided by a bail bondsman. He was arrested Nov. 15.
Moore's preliminary hearing is scheduled Dec. 5 before Jeannette District Judge Joseph DeMarchis.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- Jeannette mom accused of drug sale with kids in car
- Greensburg Salem school bus route changes complete
- Arnold man acquitted in rape case
- Ohio woman will be millionth passenger to fly out of Arnold Palmer airport
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- Democrats go on offense in Westmoreland County commission debate
- Mt. Pleasant school board to discuss website plan
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- New Geyer Choir hopes to hit high note at Scottdale theater
- Applications to open next week for holiday food baskets, toys