Jeannette man, 52, accused of sexual assaults on Hempfield teen
A 52-year-old Jeannette man is accused of repeatedly sexually assaulting a Hempfield girl over the last year.
Charles E. Moore of 428 S. Fifth St., is charged by state police at Greensburg with aggravated indecent assault, endangering the welfare of children and indecent assault for incidents that began in 2012.
State police were called in to investigate by the Westmoreland County Children's Bureau. The victim, who is under age 16, told authorities Moore would assault her when he visited the family and threatened her if she told anyone.
Moore was released from the county jail Monday after posting $25,000 bail provided by a bail bondsman. He was arrested Nov. 15.
Moore's preliminary hearing is scheduled Dec. 5 before Jeannette District Judge Joseph DeMarchis.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Three injured in two-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- New Alexandria tree trimmer pleads guilty to fraud
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought, alleged accomplice arrested
- Braddock man held for trial in Jeannette assault, robbery
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Rustic Ridge Mine permit request criticized
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident