High-grade marijuana lands man in trouble
A June traffic stop in Hempfield netted about 230 grams of hydroponic marijuana and an arrest warrant for a Hempfield man.
Micah Thor Metz, 21, of Greensburg will have a preliminary hearing on drug-related charges filed on Wednesday in connection with about $3,500 worth of marijuana seized from his car and residence.
State Police Trooper John Isoldi Jr. said he pulled over a blue Toyota sedan that Metz was driving for a speeding violation along Carbon Road near Greensburg on June 5.
Isoldi said he noticed an “odor of raw marijuana” emanating from the vehicle. Through a search warrant, investigators seized about 85 grams of hydroponic marijuana in a sealed package from the car, he said.
Hydroponic marijuana is “homegrown” rather than planted in soil outdoors and investigators believe the package may have been shipped to Metz from out of state, Isoldi said.
Hydroponic marijuana — which is more potent — seems to be gaining popularity “just for the quality,” he said.
“It's very expensive,” Isoldi said.
Police said another 153 grams of hydroponic marijuana seized from Metz's home was packaged similarly to what investigators confiscated from the car, Isoldi said.
An assault rifle also was taken from the residence.
Metz faces charges of conspiracy, possession with intent to deliver, drug possession and possession of a small amount of marijuana for personal use.
A preliminary hearing will be scheduled before District Judge James Albert.
Renatta Signorini is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-837-5374 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewickley Township fraud case reopens old wound for New Stanton woman
- Latrobe woman charged in deadly standoff claims coercion
- Ex-cop from Irwin gets jail for drug sales while posing as officer
- Judge OKs Jeannette Glass sale
- Separate trials sought in fatal Murrysville DUI
- Greensburg man sentenced for heroin sales
- Police caution residents after Murrysville vehicle break-ins
- Slide stabilization project delayed in Hempfield
- Yarn brigade envelops South Greensburg
- Penn Township teen allegedly drunk at time of police chase, crash
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash