One injured as truck goes over embankment in Hempfield
The driver of a pick-up truck was transported to a local hospital after his vehicle went over an embankment in Hempfield Friday night.
Westmoreland County Emergency Management said the 9:05 p.m. accident was reported along Route 130 near Toll Road 66.
Grapeville Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene.
Chief Dan Nescot said the operator of the truck was transported to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries.
A Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission spokesman said the area where the accident occurred was not turnpike property.
State police at Greensburg are investigating the accident, which was still being cleared at 10 p.m. Further information was not available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- Woman to stand trial in Jeannette tot’s death
- Westmoreland County sheriff won’t alter staffing as cash runs out
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Psychologist’s compassion buoyed students, friends
- Jeannette couple honored by AARP for tireless community service