One injured as truck goes over embankment in Hempfield
The driver of a pick-up truck was transported to a local hospital after his vehicle went over an embankment in Hempfield Friday night.
Westmoreland County Emergency Management said the 9:05 p.m. accident was reported along Route 130 near Toll Road 66.
Grapeville Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene.
Chief Dan Nescot said the operator of the truck was transported to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries.
A Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission spokesman said the area where the accident occurred was not turnpike property.
State police at Greensburg are investigating the accident, which was still being cleared at 10 p.m. Further information was not available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Allegheny Township man to serve at least 24 years for molesting 3 children
- Bank told to maintain Hempfield cemetery
- Westmoreland jail guard accused of selling illegal steroids
- West Newton will consider temporary road after train accident cut off neighborhood
- West Newton man sentenced for 6 robberies
- No hike in tentative Scottdale budget
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Homewood man faces drug charges after chase in Trafford