One injured as truck goes over embankment in Hempfield
The driver of a pick-up truck was transported to a local hospital after his vehicle went over an embankment in Hempfield Friday night.
Westmoreland County Emergency Management said the 9:05 p.m. accident was reported along Route 130 near Toll Road 66.
Grapeville Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene.
Chief Dan Nescot said the operator of the truck was transported to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries.
A Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission spokesman said the area where the accident occurred was not turnpike property.
State police at Greensburg are investigating the accident, which was still being cleared at 10 p.m. Further information was not available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Restitution closes chapter for New Stanton mother
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Reputed leader of motorcycle gang returned to Pa. to face charges