One injured as truck goes over embankment in Hempfield
The driver of a pick-up truck was transported to a local hospital after his vehicle went over an embankment in Hempfield Friday night.
Westmoreland County Emergency Management said the 9:05 p.m. accident was reported along Route 130 near Toll Road 66.
Grapeville Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene.
Chief Dan Nescot said the operator of the truck was transported to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries.
A Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission spokesman said the area where the accident occurred was not turnpike property.
State police at Greensburg are investigating the accident, which was still being cleared at 10 p.m. Further information was not available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Charges advance for men accused in police scuffle at Fort Ligonier Days
- Hempfield man receives long-overdue Bronze Star for World War II service
- Longtime Greensburg District Judge Albert will seek fifth term
- Arnold man’s molestation conviction upheld
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought; alleged accomplice arrested
- 3 injured in 2-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township