One injured as truck goes over embankment in Hempfield
The driver of a pick-up truck was transported to a local hospital after his vehicle went over an embankment in Hempfield Friday night.
Westmoreland County Emergency Management said the 9:05 p.m. accident was reported along Route 130 near Toll Road 66.
Grapeville Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene.
Chief Dan Nescot said the operator of the truck was transported to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries.
A Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission spokesman said the area where the accident occurred was not turnpike property.
State police at Greensburg are investigating the accident, which was still being cleared at 10 p.m. Further information was not available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reputed leader of motorcycle gang returned to Pa. to face charges
- Psychologist to evaluate Greensburg woman involved in Daugherty killing
- Fayette County parents charged with endangering children, cruelty to animals
- Sale date for Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette finalized by court
- Scottdale Community Pool offers swim classes
- Route 30 work near Jeannette starts
- Hero Franklin Regional security guard out of work
- WCCC board approves $800K in change orders
- Yukon kennel founder jailed for allegedly threatening workers
- Medical pot advocates speak up at meeting with Sen. Folmer in Export