One injured as truck goes over embankment in Hempfield
The driver of a pick-up truck was transported to a local hospital after his vehicle went over an embankment in Hempfield Friday night.
Westmoreland County Emergency Management said the 9:05 p.m. accident was reported along Route 130 near Toll Road 66.
Grapeville Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene.
Chief Dan Nescot said the operator of the truck was transported to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries.
A Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission spokesman said the area where the accident occurred was not turnpike property.
State police at Greensburg are investigating the accident, which was still being cleared at 10 p.m. Further information was not available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Greensburg merchants offer soup for a charitable Claus
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Latrobe police officer sues councilman, city for slander
- Seat in 32nd District deemed crucial for Pennsylvania Senate control
- Police: Trafford couple used website to advertise prostitution services
- Palmer assistant honored with Latrobe service award
- Derry man jailed in scuffle with police
- 3 officers injured in Penn Township scuffle