Information sought on armed robbery in Greensburg
Information sought on armed robbery
Greensburg police are investigating the armed robbery of a pizza delivery driver on Friday night.
Sgt. John Swank said the man called the Papa John's store on South Main Street about 7:30 and placed an order.
When the driver arrived at Building G of the Hawksworth Apartments at 770 N. Main St., he was confronted by an armed gunman who demanded money.
The man made off with an undetermined amount of cash, Swank said.
Swank described the man as black, between 25 and 30 years old, and about 6 feet 2 inches tall with a stocky build.
Swank said he was wearing all black with a scarf partially covering his face. He brandished a black handgun of unknown make and caliber, Swank said.
The driver was not injured.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call Greensburg police at 724-834-3800.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet
- Somerset County man arrested after loaded gun found at Baltimore airport
- Police: Jeannette woman tried to steal family’s safe
- Attorney seeks dismissal of charge in Salem wreck that killed mother, unborn child
- Thousands attend Mt. Pleasant Glass and Ethnic Festival
- Greensburg artist follows unusual path to creative career
- Hribal will be transferred to Allegheny County psychiatric facility
- No relief in sight for Westmoreland transit passengers
- 2 Latrobe men charged with robbing home, stealing Camaro
- ‘Pest activity’ found in Excela facility