Newsmaker: Jeff L. Samide
Family: Wife, Norma, 62, Manager at Latrobe Area Hospital Charitable Foundation; daughter, Rosie, 21
Residence: Mt. Pleasant Township, Westmoreland County
Noteworthy: Samide recently received the 2013 Distinguished Alumni Scholar Award from Indiana University of Pennsylvania's College of Education and Educational Technology.
Occupation: Associate Professor of Counselor Education at California University of Pennsylvania
Education: Samide earned his bachelor's degree in Sociology from Saint Vincent College in 1977; his Masters of Education in Counseling with certification in Elementary School Counseling in 1979 and his Doctor of Education in Counseling in 1990, both from IUP.
Background: Samide became interested in counseling when he was a student at Saint Vincent College and worked part time as a mental health assistant in the inpatient unit of Latrobe Area Hospital. He is a psychotherapist and clinical consultant with more than 35 years of experience, and has testified as an expert witness more than 200 times in Pennsylvania courts.
Quote: “This award is as much an endorsement of the high quality educational experiences that can be found at IUP and throughout Western Pennsylvania, as it is a recognition of my work. I am honored to be chosen and I am eager to continue earning it.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Spirit Airlines puts Chicago on its flight path
- Westmoreland historical society holding antiques appraisal
- Charleroi woman charged in home invasion pleads, is released
- West Newton ponders adding to emergency call list
- Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum to kick off Speaker Series with stories of Jeannette
- Hempfield man to plead guilty to posing as policeman
- Harsh February leaves Westmoreland communities short on road salt
- Auction nets $20,000 from ill-gotten gain in slaying, theft from Washington County woman
- Unity planners OK proposal for Route 30 retail development
- Restitution payments top record in Westmoreland County