Trafford police arrest woman selling drugs for 'shopping money'
An Arona woman told a Trafford police officer that she had been “selling marijuana to make money for Christmas shopping,” according to court documents.
Heather Marie Wood, 23, was charged following a traffic stop on Brinton Avenue on Tuesday at 12:46 a.m., when officers seized 26 grams of marijuana, a set of brass knuckles, several stamp bags of heroin, cocaine and drug paraphernalia from her sport utility vehicle, according to police.
A K9 officer from North Huntingdon assisted in a search of Wood's vehicle, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Wood is charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana, possession with intent to deliver cocaine, possession of marijuana, prohibited offensive weapons, five counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and a summary vehicle code violation.
She is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $25,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing before District Judge Helen Kistler is scheduled for Tuesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- 3 injured in crash that ties up Route 22 in Salem for nearly 8 hours
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Greensburg senior care center salutes veterans
- Unity to decide July 9 on disputed gas station
- Rival Westmoreland vape shops develop own specialties
- Urgent care center planned in Donegal Township
- Smithton man gets 6-12 years for robbery in Jeannette