Trafford police arrest woman selling drugs for 'shopping money'
An Arona woman told a Trafford police officer that she had been “selling marijuana to make money for Christmas shopping,” according to court documents.
Heather Marie Wood, 23, was charged following a traffic stop on Brinton Avenue on Tuesday at 12:46 a.m., when officers seized 26 grams of marijuana, a set of brass knuckles, several stamp bags of heroin, cocaine and drug paraphernalia from her sport utility vehicle, according to police.
A K9 officer from North Huntingdon assisted in a search of Wood's vehicle, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Wood is charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana, possession with intent to deliver cocaine, possession of marijuana, prohibited offensive weapons, five counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and a summary vehicle code violation.
She is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $25,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing before District Judge Helen Kistler is scheduled for Tuesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- Southwest Greensburg man died of injuries in accident in Bell
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County upgrades emergency communications plan
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Redstone gets $90K grant for safety upgrade
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell
- Laurel Mountain State Park ski plans will go to Ligonier Township supervisors
- Physicist found joy in family, friends, work, wine
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- Mt. Pleasant man injured when tractor hit by vehicle