Jeannette man accused in assault with tire iron
A Jeannette man faces charges for allegedly assaulting two people on Monday, one of them with a tire iron.
A city woman fell and sprained her leg Monday afternoon when Thomas Guercio, 34, allegedly took rental car keys from her and drove off in the car. According to an affidavit of probable cause, after the victim was treated at a hospital, a male friend came to help her out. When Guercio returned at 7 p.m., he was “intoxicated and started acting violent,” the woman told police.
Guercio allegedly hit the male friend in the head with a tire iron and again fled in the rental car. The male victim sustained a contusion, scratches and cuts on his head, according to police.
Guercio is being held in Westmoreland County Prison on $50,000 bail on charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, resisting arrest, criminal mischief and public drunkenness. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 19 before District Judge Joseph DeMarchis.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- Videotaping suspect from Greensburg doesn’t show at hearing
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Franklin Regional security guard fighting to get job back
- Reputed leader of motorcycle gang returned to Pa. to face charges