Jeannette man accused in assault with tire iron
A Jeannette man faces charges for allegedly assaulting two people on Monday, one of them with a tire iron.
A city woman fell and sprained her leg Monday afternoon when Thomas Guercio, 34, allegedly took rental car keys from her and drove off in the car. According to an affidavit of probable cause, after the victim was treated at a hospital, a male friend came to help her out. When Guercio returned at 7 p.m., he was “intoxicated and started acting violent,” the woman told police.
Guercio allegedly hit the male friend in the head with a tire iron and again fled in the rental car. The male victim sustained a contusion, scratches and cuts on his head, according to police.
Guercio is being held in Westmoreland County Prison on $50,000 bail on charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, resisting arrest, criminal mischief and public drunkenness. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 19 before District Judge Joseph DeMarchis.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield man receives long-overdue Bronze Star for World War II service
- Charges advance for men accused in police scuffle at Fort Ligonier Days
- Longtime Greensburg District Judge Albert will seek fifth term
- Arnold man’s molestation conviction upheld
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought; alleged accomplice arrested
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Krieger to seek Westmoreland County Common Pleas judgeship
- Electricity deal eyed for Latrobe
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township