Jeannette man accused in assault with tire iron
A Jeannette man faces charges for allegedly assaulting two people on Monday, one of them with a tire iron.
A city woman fell and sprained her leg Monday afternoon when Thomas Guercio, 34, allegedly took rental car keys from her and drove off in the car. According to an affidavit of probable cause, after the victim was treated at a hospital, a male friend came to help her out. When Guercio returned at 7 p.m., he was “intoxicated and started acting violent,” the woman told police.
Guercio allegedly hit the male friend in the head with a tire iron and again fled in the rental car. The male victim sustained a contusion, scratches and cuts on his head, according to police.
Guercio is being held in Westmoreland County Prison on $50,000 bail on charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, resisting arrest, criminal mischief and public drunkenness. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 19 before District Judge Joseph DeMarchis.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- 2 from Westmoreland County charged in child porn investigation
- Lawyers for convicted killer Smyrnes want info about death row
- Charges dismissed against former Westmoreland jail guard accused of sex with inmate
- Penn Township man pleads guilty to assaulting 3 police officers
- Ex-Derry Township man’s troubles mount
- Huge compressors to leave Jeannette in late-night parade on way to Texas
- Derry Area proposes 2-mill tax increase
- Youngwood veteran officially joins the Class of 1945
- Sewickley Township agrees to lease for land for playground
- Greensburg Salem to consider additional cost-cutting measures