Latrobe police install drug take-back box
Latrobe police department has installed a drug take-back box for unused or expired medications.
The department acquired the box through the Westmoreland County District Attorney's office, according to a police department news release.
Unwanted medications can be deposited in the box from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday in the main lobby of Latrobe City Hall, 901 Jefferson St.
Pills and other drugs left unattended or unused are more frequently stolen, police said. The public is encouraged to instead deposit them for disposal by the department.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- Energy company responsible for polluting Donegal well appeals state’s finding
- Expansion in works for Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum
- Ligonier Township considers cellphone tower requests
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Derry Twp. crash
- Former Pagans leader works out plea agreement
- Police: Penn Township man was ‘lonely,’ so he called 911
- A Griffins great: Seton Hill soccer team supports 7-year-old honorary member
- 40-year-old Latrobe woman used boy, 13, for sex, drugs, police say
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- Greater Latrobe elevates lacrosse teams