Two sought in convenience store robbery in Indiana
State police are investigating the armed robbery of an Indiana convenience store Tuesday.
The robbery occurred about 9:50 p.m. at the EZ Mart store, 80 S. Ben Franklin Road, according to Trooper Jason Morgan of the Indiana barracks.
Police said two men entered the store, one with a small caliber, silver-colored handgun, and demanded the clerk open the register and then hold her hands in the air.
The men ran from the store with about $250 and several packs of Marlboro cigarettes, Morgan said.
The man carrying a handgun is described as being in his 20s, wore a black hooded sweatshirt, a bandanna over his face, white gloves, dark jeans and black shoes.
The accomplice was described a man in his late 20s or early 30s, approximately 6 feet, 2 inches tall, wearing a black baseball cap, black leather gloves, blue jeans, gray button dress shirt and black boots.
The clerk was not injured.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone state police at 724-357-1960.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- Youngwood fire department reaches out to homeless family
- 11 Westmoreland inmates accused of setting fire put in solitary confinement
- Catholic Diocese of Greensburg bestows $30K to combat poverty
- Demolition project at Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg moves ahead
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Unity name excised from Latrobe parks, recreation
- Mt. Pleasant man charged with unlawful restraint
- Sewickley Twp. to pay $10K for service breach