Two sought in convenience store robbery in Indiana
State police are investigating the armed robbery of an Indiana convenience store Tuesday.
The robbery occurred about 9:50 p.m. at the EZ Mart store, 80 S. Ben Franklin Road, according to Trooper Jason Morgan of the Indiana barracks.
Police said two men entered the store, one with a small caliber, silver-colored handgun, and demanded the clerk open the register and then hold her hands in the air.
The men ran from the store with about $250 and several packs of Marlboro cigarettes, Morgan said.
The man carrying a handgun is described as being in his 20s, wore a black hooded sweatshirt, a bandanna over his face, white gloves, dark jeans and black shoes.
The accomplice was described a man in his late 20s or early 30s, approximately 6 feet, 2 inches tall, wearing a black baseball cap, black leather gloves, blue jeans, gray button dress shirt and black boots.
The clerk was not injured.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone state police at 724-357-1960.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burglary, attempted assault at Rostraver bowling lanes investigated
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Herminie woman, 18, dies after car accident in Turkeytown
- Westmoreland County to auction guns, vehicles
- Razing of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette within reach with $1M grant
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence
- Fire marshal rules Derry mobile home fire was accidental
- Fund set up for 4-year-old Meyersdale girl’s final expenses
- Laurel Art Club to meet at Scottdale library
- 3 illusions at Westmoreland Museum of American Art await Greensburg
- Westmoreland County Historical Society honors late Tribune-Review publisher Scaife, Fort Ligonier trustee emeritus Fagan