Two sought in convenience store robbery in Indiana
State police are investigating the armed robbery of an Indiana convenience store Tuesday.
The robbery occurred about 9:50 p.m. at the EZ Mart store, 80 S. Ben Franklin Road, according to Trooper Jason Morgan of the Indiana barracks.
Police said two men entered the store, one with a small caliber, silver-colored handgun, and demanded the clerk open the register and then hold her hands in the air.
The men ran from the store with about $250 and several packs of Marlboro cigarettes, Morgan said.
The man carrying a handgun is described as being in his 20s, wore a black hooded sweatshirt, a bandanna over his face, white gloves, dark jeans and black shoes.
The accomplice was described a man in his late 20s or early 30s, approximately 6 feet, 2 inches tall, wearing a black baseball cap, black leather gloves, blue jeans, gray button dress shirt and black boots.
The clerk was not injured.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone state police at 724-357-1960.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Salem man, in lockup in Greensburg shooting, charged with threatening to kill prison guard
- New Derry woman charged after mail delivery of 4 pounds of marijuana
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Derry Township auto shop owner finds theft suspect hiding inside
- Ligonier Township residents voice concern to supervisors about new zoning ordinance
- Youngwood advances grease trap ordinance
- 2 accused of taking baby to New Kensington drug deal get probation
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- Veterans Court in session in Westmoreland for first time
- Parking ban on New Stanton street discriminatory, property manager alleges
- Latrobe police seek driver of red cargo van