Two sought in convenience store robbery in Indiana
State police are investigating the armed robbery of an Indiana convenience store Tuesday.
The robbery occurred about 9:50 p.m. at the EZ Mart store, 80 S. Ben Franklin Road, according to Trooper Jason Morgan of the Indiana barracks.
Police said two men entered the store, one with a small caliber, silver-colored handgun, and demanded the clerk open the register and then hold her hands in the air.
The men ran from the store with about $250 and several packs of Marlboro cigarettes, Morgan said.
The man carrying a handgun is described as being in his 20s, wore a black hooded sweatshirt, a bandanna over his face, white gloves, dark jeans and black shoes.
The accomplice was described a man in his late 20s or early 30s, approximately 6 feet, 2 inches tall, wearing a black baseball cap, black leather gloves, blue jeans, gray button dress shirt and black boots.
The clerk was not injured.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone state police at 724-357-1960.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police caution residents after vehicle break-ins
- Greensburg man sentenced for heroin sales
- Slide stabilization project delayed in Hempfield
- Future stars welcome at Stage Right! camp in Greensburg
- Yarn brigade envelops South Greensburg
- More charges filed against Derry Township man who allegedly held woman at knifepoint
- Friends of Homeless Felines marks 10 years in Scottdale
- Penn Township teen allegedly drunk at time of police chase, crash
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Ethics panel: It’s OK for Westmoreland commissioner to do business with municipalities
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse