Man slashed with kitchen knife in Trafford
Police said an Allegheny County man was intoxicated when he went into a Trafford home Tuesday and slashed a man with a kitchen knife.
The victim sustained three “moderate lacerations” to his upper arms and back when Joshua Steven Ford, 24, of Overbrook, grabbed a 13-inch knife and began to slash at the man, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed by Trafford police.
Ford went to the Third Street house with his girlfriend around 5:30 a.m. and started to fight with the occupants. Police accuse Ford of first arguing with the man he later slashed, choking and punching a female victim and striking a second female victim before grabbing the knife. According to court documents, police found the knife outside with dried blood on it.
Police arrested Ford at his mother's Trafford home and charged him with aggravated assault, criminal mischief and four counts of simple assault.
He is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $100,000 bail. A Jan. 7 preliminary hearing before District Judge Helen Kistler is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Latrobe ear-biting suspect loses bid for reduced bail
- Westmoreland County tourism grants promote banana splits, breweries, trolley, railroad
- Request for documents delays Speedway hearing in Unity
- Youngwood aims to reduce amount that ends up in sewage treatment facility
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival
- Ligonier doctor’s appeal to practice rejected
- Donora-Monessen bridge ramps to stay open during construction
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom
- Foreign clergy mitigate shortage of priests in Diocese of Greensburg