Man slashed with kitchen knife in Trafford
Police said an Allegheny County man was intoxicated when he went into a Trafford home Tuesday and slashed a man with a kitchen knife.
The victim sustained three “moderate lacerations” to his upper arms and back when Joshua Steven Ford, 24, of Overbrook, grabbed a 13-inch knife and began to slash at the man, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed by Trafford police.
Ford went to the Third Street house with his girlfriend around 5:30 a.m. and started to fight with the occupants. Police accuse Ford of first arguing with the man he later slashed, choking and punching a female victim and striking a second female victim before grabbing the knife. According to court documents, police found the knife outside with dried blood on it.
Police arrested Ford at his mother's Trafford home and charged him with aggravated assault, criminal mischief and four counts of simple assault.
He is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $100,000 bail. A Jan. 7 preliminary hearing before District Judge Helen Kistler is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Youngwood fire department reaches out to homeless family
- 11 Westmoreland inmates accused of setting fire put in solitary confinement
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Ligonier Township residents concerned about hydraulic fracturing amid draft zoning ordinance
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts