Man slashed with kitchen knife in Trafford
Police said an Allegheny County man was intoxicated when he went into a Trafford home Tuesday and slashed a man with a kitchen knife.
The victim sustained three “moderate lacerations” to his upper arms and back when Joshua Steven Ford, 24, of Overbrook, grabbed a 13-inch knife and began to slash at the man, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed by Trafford police.
Ford went to the Third Street house with his girlfriend around 5:30 a.m. and started to fight with the occupants. Police accuse Ford of first arguing with the man he later slashed, choking and punching a female victim and striking a second female victim before grabbing the knife. According to court documents, police found the knife outside with dried blood on it.
Police arrested Ford at his mother's Trafford home and charged him with aggravated assault, criminal mischief and four counts of simple assault.
He is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $100,000 bail. A Jan. 7 preliminary hearing before District Judge Helen Kistler is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Restitution closes chapter for New Stanton mother
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights