Man slashed with kitchen knife in Trafford
Police said an Allegheny County man was intoxicated when he went into a Trafford home Tuesday and slashed a man with a kitchen knife.
The victim sustained three “moderate lacerations” to his upper arms and back when Joshua Steven Ford, 24, of Overbrook, grabbed a 13-inch knife and began to slash at the man, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed by Trafford police.
Ford went to the Third Street house with his girlfriend around 5:30 a.m. and started to fight with the occupants. Police accuse Ford of first arguing with the man he later slashed, choking and punching a female victim and striking a second female victim before grabbing the knife. According to court documents, police found the knife outside with dried blood on it.
Police arrested Ford at his mother's Trafford home and charged him with aggravated assault, criminal mischief and four counts of simple assault.
He is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $100,000 bail. A Jan. 7 preliminary hearing before District Judge Helen Kistler is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sale of former SCI Greensburg prison to advance despite lawmakers’ objections
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took ‘selfie’ with body, court papers say
- Mt. Pleasant Business District Authority picks officers
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- Deputy sheriff seeks top spot in Greensburg office
- Ligonier Township planners offer suggested changes to zoning proposal
- Latrobe police to form DUI task force
- Excela center proposal worries residents of Hempfield neighborhood
- Officials plan software upgrade to Westmoreland County emergency dispatching system